chime in if you run a stock saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All four of mine are stock but I don't use them to make a living. I cut about 30 cord of hardwood in the summer to put up for heat. The rest of the year when I cut it's simply for fun.

My first ever little Homelite is the only one of all that list of our saws that is bone stock. Some dern fool has monkeyed with something on all the rest so I guess they would have some kind of a mod. Be it mufflers or ported. But I like um either way.:chainsaw:

Most of mine are stock. My 7900 is bone stock my 066 is stock except the dual port. The 011 and 024 are stock except the 024 has a muffler mod. The pioneer 620 is all stock but my 5100 is woods ported.

Stock

The pack is bone stock for now, cad is creeping in, husky 181se on it's way!
:rock:

ive done my share of modding in a short time. all mine are muffler modded and a few ported but my most used saws are my 044 wich is only gasketless and muff modded, my 026 is entirely stock other then the muffler modd.

my 359 is ported, not sure whats wrong with it.

372s is ported, gasket dropped muffler modded, its going strong after quite abit of buckn pretty good sized wood. its my big saw spot. i hope it runs for alot longer.

i can see it both ways. like my 372 is quite abit faster then 044. the 044 is a very strong runner to. i can see the advantage for someone workn day in and day out fallin big trees with a light saw thats capable.

anywyas im blabbing. you guys are very interesting keep , keep the conversation going

Mine are all stock. For gits and shiggles, I've thought that it'd be fun to mod the 550 or the 10-10. Mostly in the interest of further deteriorating relations with our closest neighbors who like to sleep in. :)

I guess it is easier to list the non modded ones than the modded ones The 7900 is still untouched I actually like how quite it is. The macs are the same as I bought them supposedly my 105 had some work done to it by the original owner,he told me he had sent it out. and the Home lite I don't think I would see any gains from.
All others have muffler mods and the Jreds are Ported.

Latest posts

Back