Chimney liner Kits Install

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.S.Woodchucker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi, i am new to this site, i am looking to intsall a SS chimney liner for an add-on wood furnace in my basement, looking to see if anyone has any suggestions, or problems encountered or companies to stay away from purchasing a liner kit from, (every site that sells liners says theirs is the best) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi, i am new to this site, i am looking to intsall a SS chimney liner for an add-on wood furnace in my basement, looking to see if anyone has any suggestions, or problems encountered or companies to stay away from purchasing a liner kit from, (every site that sells liners says theirs is the best) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

i'm in the same boat with you i'd like a woodstove to replace the fireplace but don't know #### about them. ya everybody says theirs is the best but who's really is good, just like buying a car,

I upgraded my insert stove last year and lined my masonry chimney with a SST liner kit. Stove needed 6" round + insulation since my clay tiles had some cracks. Which wouldn't have fit once the insulation was applied so I had to find a company that would ovalize the liner and mating fittings. There were a a good number around, but I liked this place the best: www.chimneylinerdepot.com I called and they had a nice complete kit. Love the cap that came with it. There are many good companies so I just narrowed it down to the best price, what was included, and warranty. They were ones that would give the homeowner a decent warranty on homeowner install.

Thanks Ripper

i called a few places and just asked questions, got a lot of good info, i went with chimney liner depot, flex king pro, seemed to be the best deal, i will post how the installation goes, thanks

I installed a liner in mine last year. I purchased my supplies from www.hartshearth.com. I called them first and they were very helpfull and made sure that I was getting just what I needed.

I was fortunate in that I have a brick chimney that is already lined with terra cotta. It would have been good to go without a liner, but I added the 6" liner anyway. The only thing I will add is make sure you give yourself a way to clean the debris out of the bottom of your liner. I was told that most folks just remove the black pipe. That was a dirty mess to do, and that says a lot coming from me. I ended up pulling the liner out and adding an additional Tee on the bottom as well as another hole in the brick and liner. I just capped both ends of the bottom tee, and when I'm done brushing the chimney, I go down and pull the front cover off and suck the debris out with a shop vac. Slap the cover back on, and I'm good to go.

Thanks,
Mark

Back