chineese saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DroppedP51

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
starting to get advertised in nz stihl husky copys 038s 070s Are they any good? will try get some photos up?

David, I would stay away from these, they look good but a Chinese saw can not be any good. Stick with the Pioneers. :clap:

yep not for me

Ive heard about them now they are turning up on local auction sites I would like to see one do a good days work though? or see what its like after 20 years of abuse:deadhorse:

Like to see one first hand. Not for or against the Chinese. However, they are constantly improving their products and will eventually be on par with Japan and the US or any other first rate country. It is inevitable. By that time the "junk" will be just as expensive as the rest.

I bought my daughter one of the "better" Chinese ATV's and it is JUNK. The problem is that when you first look at them they look great. After the first ride the headlights fell out and the motor won't hardly run. So... while those saws look good, I'll be willing to bet that they are junk.

WOW! That Husky 365 copy looks like an EXACT replica of the real thing. I bet 99% of the parts are interchangeable. Some schmuck will probably be putting genuine Husqvarna stickers on those saws and selling them on ebay. The Chinese will counterfeit anything.

starting to get advertised in nz stihl husky copys 038s 070s Are they any good? will try get some photos up?

The quality is hit and miss - you may get a good one that lasts for years, or you may get a bad one that lasts a week. The big trouble is metal quality - I have pots made of stronger alloy.

The dealer on trademe isn't very honest and if yours packs up, he isn't the world's fastest at sending you another. This was why one guy advertised a Chinese @@#&*$@@@$$ chainsaw with a $7000 reserve - because his broke and the seller wouldn't send him another.

Better to buy a second-hand Stihl or Husky for what you'd pay for a new Chinese saw. You'll thank me for it.

I bought a chinese knock off saw so that my daughter could use it to learn to saw with as I was nervous about here screwing up any of my Stihl saws.
What a piece of JUNK!
Had all sorts of different problems with it so now I let her practice on my small Stihl & when she gets better with that she can move up to a bigger one.

Husky and Stihl copies

I Emailed Husqvarna NZ about these copies and they replyed thanking me for the heads up and I then noticed Trade Me the NZ auction site had removed the listing about 2 hours after me contacting Husky NZ.

I asked the seller some questions and they tried telling me that Husqvarna and Stihl had sold the moulds to the Chinese Emas company for them to legally copy the saws and that all the saws were old models etc, I then said the Husky 365 is still a current production saw so why would they sell the mould to it and i never got a reply.

They will try and Bulls##t there way out of everything to sell you there junk on these auction sites, There are plenty of good used saws out there to not need to buy this crap.

yep ive wondered that myself the add say all parts interchangable with orig stihl and husky saw ect It illegal in nz to sell a saw without a chain brake as in the 070... so they are advertised as mill saws, I guess containers of them are coming into the country

Latest posts

Back