Chinese chainsaw parts in decline?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This virus is the first thing to come out of China that has lasted longer than a month.
I was about to argue with you. I bought a Jinma 4X4 FEL from a friend a couple weeks ago. Yesterday was the first time I took it on a job. About five hours into the job the steering wheel started to spin, but the tires didn’t. Snapped a tie rod end. I found the part, easy fix.

I’m stocked up on most saw parts. Plenty of crankbearings, crankseals, p/c kits, gasket sets, new carbs, fuel line, filters. Rebuilding my collection.. Just received two stroke oil today.

Need to stock up on gas.
Stocking up on food now with toilet paper.
I guess we’re ready for the stay home order.

The virus has been in China since November.
They are just telling us about it as of February.
So if the case is that it's on packages, you already got them in December and smelled them, touched them etc...
Meanwhile all the shipping is ceasing because by now they are almost all dead.
By July, most of us will be all dead.
If they were trying to show it's just a cold, flu like, why no pictures out of China to show they are all up and moving about?
Yep, all dead.

So if the case is that it's on packages, you already got them in December and smelled them, touched them etc...
If they were trying to show it's just a cold, flu like, why no pictures out of China to show they are all up and moving about?
Yep, all dead.
Yep, all dead.
Nuke em!

Better off catching it now and building immunity. The first wave of the Spanish flu was mild, the second wave, later in there year, killed 1 in 5. But the people who survived the first wave were immune to the second.

If you want "good" Chinese products, research to see if the product in question carries the German quality mark TÜV. If it does, it means it's been independently torture tested by Germans. Everything of mine with the stamp has been ok.

What part?
Since I do several rebuilds a year on the 290 and 390 Stihls I generally buy the crankshaft seals in bunches rather than by the pair and, until today, I was unable to find them. I looked today and they have suddenly reappeared so I order several pairs of them and at reasonable prices. I'm sure some will says these seals are sub-par but I haven't had any trouble with them and I've used them for quite a while. I can't say the same about the piston/cylinder kits, they seem to go by which manufacturer makes them..

Back