Chinese chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiluxxulih

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well I got the chicom saw in the mail today and she started on about the 5th pull , its going to be my beater loaner saw so my Stihls wont get abused especially the 044 and the future 075 restoration :), she already got her first damage I turned around to get the gas and oil and she fell off the bench and broke a piece off of the outside curved part of the handle :cry: I realy dont think its based off a Stihl so far as I can tell other than the color scheme , it looks like OK quality considering I seen the manufacturer only sells them for about $38 wholesale .
!BsCPckwEGk~$(KGrHqQOKjYEuhMkfm-IBL2O(5pV,g~~_12.JPG

What did it end up costin' ya? Might be a great "disposable saw" run it 'til it dies, grab another one. Kinda like a Bic lighter....:monkey:

It a isn't even a copy of any Stihl model, but a common saw in scams over here, with different decals and colors, including the one pictured......:censored:

Last edited:
That particular chinese saw is a copy of a Redmax G5000 which has a pretty good reputation as far as i know. And for the price you paid (price of an average bar and chain) I think it's pretty good value for money. They come in a number of displacement sizes between 45 - 62cc. I have 2 62cc versions and they are still going very well - my first one is over 2 years old now i think.

g5000avs.gif

That particular chinese saw is a copy of a Redmax G5000 which has a pretty good reputation as far as i know. And for the price you paid (price of an average bar and chain) I think it's pretty good value for money. They come in a number of displacement sizes between 45 - 62cc. I have 2 62cc versions and they are still going very well - my first one is over 2 years old now i think.

g5000avs.gif

One big problem is that they often are misrepresented as 70-95cc Stihls or Huskys, in the scams......:givebeer:

The most honest specs I have seen on any of them is 2.7hp (that was not one of the misrepresented ones).

Last edited:
Where did you get that from? $38.00 - I would like to get one to use as a decoration in my garage !!

Where did you get that from? $38.00 - I would like to get one to use as a decoration in my garage !!

yea same here if he got that for $38.00 i like to get one to cut fire wood with untill i get enough money to buy a true stihl

g5000avs.gif

When it comes to these chi-com knockoffs,
I think I'd rather spend the money on a new bar and chain.
:cheers:

When it comes to these chi-com knockoffs,
I think I'd rather spend the money on a new bar and chain.
:cheers:

Yes that is all well and good assuming you already have a decent chainsaw. However, the last one i got was a bit over $50 AUD which is what an average stihl chain (yes chain only) costs in Australia and the saw came with a carlton chain...

Tell you what, for the money and if it could last a couple weeks of cutting with me, I would totally use one of those junkers just for limbing.......and I limb a lot.....15-20 trees on average each day TIMES 5 days a week.

Lets see what the future holds in regards to Chinese longevity.

How long before we start racing them? C'mon, it can be done, and they are cheaper new than wild things are refurbished? Bet the wild things warranty is better, though...

What saw did you get? A 50cc? Looks like something surtec makes, lotta the chinese retailers out there are just middle men.

They also make this bad boy ;)

20081114152517734.jpg

What saw did you get? A 50cc? Looks like something surtec makes, lotta the chinese retailers out there are just middle men.

They also make this bad boy ;)

20081114152517734.jpg
Its a 58cc version . I was cutting railroad ties and it seems to be bogging on full throttle do I just increase the high speed screw ?

I payed $120 I seen on that alibaba website they sell for $38 per unit wholesale I assume by the container load .

Probably like the days when 1,000 SKS rifles would set you back $35,000 in Shanghai, but the FFL holders were paying the distributors $85 plus shipping and the retail customers were paying $125.
Wouldn't it be nice to buy a brand new Norinco or Shanghai SKS for $125 now?

g5000avs.gif

Do you use them a lot ?

Back