Chinese Stihl & Husky saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that saying/term "piece of piss" is deffinately aussie..lol..I thought it was so funny it inspired me to tell my old lady what I thought of her today...now I dont have to spend the day with her getting stuff for the memorial day cook out and such....now im banished to my man cave where I can finish up an engine rebuild....:rock: thank YOU MCW:bowdown: Noice!!!

Glad I could help but even gladder you understood piece of piss!
It's sort of self explanatory :)

Before I head out to the shop....

What is vegimite?

It sounds like some kind of herbicide or fertilizer that the stupid greedy basterds Monsanto would come up with.

Vegemite is a yeast extract. It's black, looks like grease, and most Australians were brought up on it. Problem being now is that most Australians aren't really Australian anymore if you get the idea :(

Vegemite to the unititiated is like eating a spreadable form of battery acid. Well that's how an American exchange student described it back at school. Very high in vitamins etc. It's good stuff. Do you guys have Promite or Marmite? Vegemite is a more potent form of those. PM me your address and I'll send you a jar :cheers:
At the very least it will clean the sap of your bars and chains.

Glad I could help but even gladder you understood piece of piss!
It's sort of self explanatory :)

Vegemite is a yeast extract. It's black, looks like grease, and most Australians were brought up on it. Problem being now is that most Australians aren't really Australian anymore if you get the idea :(

Vegemite to the unititiated is like eating a spreadable form of battery acid. Well that's how an American exchange student described it back at school. Very high in vitamins etc. It's good stuff. Do you guys have Promite or Marmite? Vegemite is a more potent form of those. PM me your address and I'll send you a jar :cheers:

Uh..I think I forgot my address...

That is a pretty good description Matt, I had to 'learn' to eat vegemite and now I don't mind. I prefer Bovril though - bit more beefy ;)

According to an old guy I know vegemite tea is a cure for quite a few things, can't say I have tried it though...

Not too much aussie makes it to US consumers. Most recognized is beer (Fosters) and wine (yellowtail). Yellowtail is actually good stuff for the price but I swear fosters is nothing but roo wiz in a can. Thanks to the last free trade agreement I think we can also get aussie beef and sugar much to the chagrin of the domestic producers of these products.

The 362xp knock offs are actually very easy to spot. I saw one at a dealer the other day waiting to get fixed. The color of the plastic is wrong and stands out like a sore thumb. Quality of the saw was very poor in both its appearance and fit of the outer plastic parts. I am sure china will get better at producing these things but as quality increases so will the price. As far as I am concerned, the more choices a consumer has the better it is for the consumer. Free market=free choice. Choose wisely.

YouTube - ‪My Boomerang Won't Come Back‬‏

No one here has drunk Fosters since about 1985! Yellowtail is cheap, but enjoyable wine!

What you guys in the US forget is that your economy from years ago is based upon what the Chinese are doing now. You won't won't to hear it, but, you were, very, very good at copying overseas inventions & it made your country very, very wealthy!

Sound familiar?

I sure wish Ford would import those neat little Falcon Utes I've seen pictures of. Kinda looks like a modern version of the old Rancheros.

what does your country even manufacture?

Ok i will start with oil,gas,minerals,trees (wood chip),wheat and grains,wool,cars the list is endless..............

No one here has drunk Fosters since about 1985! Yellowtail is cheap, but enjoyable wine!

What you guys in the US forget is that your economy from years ago is based upon what the Chinese are doing now. You won't won't to hear it, but, you were, very, very good at copying overseas inventions & it made your country very, very wealthy!

Sound familiar?

I guess the original post was about knockoff Stihl and Husqvarna, neither were from America. We didn't copy either of them, we had pretty good saws of our own. Our problem was that we quit making them like we used to. Of course if we made them in the USA like we made them in the 70s and 80s they would probably cost $2000 or more and people wouldn't buy them.

Sound familiar?

What have we stolen? We pioneered modern manufacturing assembly lines...we all gotta thank henry ford for that and his model-t ford..Infact we pioneered the 21 century pretty much.

Last edited:

Ok, I came in way late to this thread, but - What the ?????

These guys have a MS 260 copy for $165.00, and they admit that it is a copy, right down to the flippy caps.

Click here: Wholesale MS260 Stihl Copy chain saw,52CC

I have an older 026 and this looks just like the real thing. If I was Stihl I would be really unhappy with this situation.

If it's like everything else coming from China, I'm sure it's pure junk. I wouldn't touch one of these no matter what the price is.

Last edited:

Yummy! Sounds just like okra.

No vege, pro or mar mites in the states. We do have peanut butter but I think most kids are allergic to that stuff these days. Closest import I think would be nutella.
Years ago we used to have a spruce gum industry in the state. It is also an acquired taste but it does leave the teeth and gums squeaky clean. Might give vegemite a run for its money.

Sound familiar?

Ah 1985. Now that was a good year. All you needed to do was acquire stuff. No earthy crunchy. No green. No exercise. How I miss the big fat 80’s.

No following your argument here. The key to technology and scientific advancement is not to replicate what has already been done but to learn what has been done and take the next logical step. US has always been good at this and we got some good schools where you can learn about it and we have lots of business that dump lots of money into R&D to achieve the next step.

Milton Hersey “borrowed” the technology necessary to produce milk chocolate from the Swiss or Germans (I think). He then proceded to build an empire with it. I don’t think this is what china is trying to do here.

Actually its more of a quality issue and I doubt if hershey said it was imported swiss chocolate he said it was hersheys

Ok, I came in way late to this thread, but - What the ?????

These guys have a MS 260 copy for $165.00, and they admit that it is a copy, right down to the flippy caps.

Click here: Wholesale MS260 Stihl Copy chain saw,52CC

I have an older 026 and this looks just like the real thing. If I was Stihl I would be really unhappy with this situation.

If it's like everything else coming from China, I'm sure it's pure junk. I wouldn't touch one of these no matter what the price is.

That's bad, but not as bad as when they put labels on it that say it's a Stihl. I've seen that also and people buy these and think they really are the good ones, then when they tear up or wear out they think that Stihl has really slipped in quality.

Buying knockoffs is a really bad idea even if they run well.

You are supporting a company and country that believes they have the right to copy anything anyone else makes. There is zero respect for patent rights and copy rights, in China.

I went through this with a company I was an engineer for. They got complaints every day from people buying the knock off product. All you can tell them is we are sorry, that is not ours, you purchased a knockoff. And in the end the company making the knockoffs sued Our company. It ended badly.

You buy knockoffs, you should be taken out back and shot!

That might be a bit harsh. Knockoffs can be a good thing. Lot of folks buy “generic” prescription drugs. They are cheaper but just as effective as name brand medicine. If the knockoffs are on the market, they force the price of genuine products down to compete with them. Consumers should be allowed to choose what they want to buy or what they can afford to buy. The more choices you have the better off for the consumers. A sole provider in a given industry can demand whatever they want for their products. That’s why the states has anti-trust laws. Free market=free choice.

Just had some for breaky on toast!

A tip for you Cent, apply it as THINLY as you possibly can.

I had to look this vegemite stuff up. It is rumored to be available at Whole Foods (also called whole paycheck by the locals).I will try and pick up a bottle/can/pack/glob next time I am out. Anything made by Kraft foods (headquarted in Northfield, IL USA) can’t be too bad. Aint globalization great?

Buying knockoffs is a really bad idea even if they run well.

You are supporting a company and country that believes they have the right to copy anything anyone else makes. There is zero respect for patent rights and copy rights, in China.

I went through this with a company I was an engineer for. They got complaints every day from people buying the knock off product. All you can tell them is we are sorry, that is not ours, you purchased a knockoff. And in the end the company making the knockoffs sued Our company. It ended badly.

You buy knockoffs, you should be taken out back and shot!

Buying a knock off saw might be a bad idea in most cases, but remember some knock offs are only about 10% of the 'real' saw price. And in some case people can't justify the extra 90% for something that will only be used a handful of times. And yes we have seen some examples of bad quality knock offs, but there are good ones also.

Another point - just to clarify, buying blatant knock offs may support a country with no respect for copyright, etc. but don't forget - everytime you buy something with "made in china" on in you are supporting the same country and motivating them to continue copying whatever they please.

You might think that everyone who has bought a knock off should be shot, but can you honestly tell me you have never bought something with "made in china" on it??

Latest posts

Back