Chipper box modification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treecare

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello.
This is the old arbortech chip body I need to increase my yards I can haul. It is now 8x5x12. I want it to be 8w7tx12l
So what would be the easiest way to raise top. My thoughts are cutting top raising 2 ft. Adding the 2 ft. Metal sides between the seems so it blends in better. I know a new chip box is like buying a new truck. So has anyone done this or something easier to increase yards? I know buying a new bigger truck would solve this but again I not doing that. My gvwr now is 19500
Thanks guys have a good week.
Please let me know your suggestions

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220313-195906_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220313-195906_Chrome.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 1
We did that with an f550 maybe 10-12 years ago. Added about 2' to the height and and made the steel top removable. With a full chip load you will need to be careful around turns. While your welder is at it you could fix the rust. There may be some DOT/legal issues with gvwr. We never checked into that and my old f550 is still running the roads of Los Angeles to this day with the guy I sold it to.

Alternatively you could just tag team with another chip truck or bucket. We have lots of close dump sites so it's not so much an issue for us.

Latest posts

Back