chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bakerc8

bakerc8

ArboristSite Lurker
i need a new chipper i have a vermeer 12" right now bought used total crap but what should i but i was thinking a nouther one new but what do you guys use?

ATS/TexasTree

ATS/TexasTree

ArboristSite Operative
Wow - 44 views and no one makes a single suggestion.

Click on the Bandit logo at the top of the page. I've had good luck with Bandit chippers.

Buying new may be the key. Most tree companies won't sell their chippers until they've completely worn them out.

Buying new will get you a reliable machine with a warranty and a sales rep to keep you happy - something missing from any used machine.

Wortown Mick

Wortown Mick

Addicted to ArboristSite
1890 with a winch.

Best one ive used.

the 200's and 250's work too, but I like the 1890

Something about chipping whole trees makes me happy.

Last edited:

emr

ArboristSite Operative
Which 12" Vermeer do you have, and why dont you like it? Would you consider another Vermeer, but a different model? We have a small Vermeer 6" that sucks and a 9" Gravely which rocks. I know this doesnt really help you much, but its what we have.

Groundman One
We're on our second Vermeer 6" 625B. (The first was ripped off out of our yard.) Good machine, but would like a bit more power sometimes. Would love to have a 12" machine. That would really change the logistics of our work.

This what we had before our first 625. What a beast. Good power but no roller feed; straight to the blades with no safeties at all except for a kill switch. It would tear the shirt off your back if you weren't careful. The bloody thing ate itself and disintegrated after the bozo who re-installed the knives didn't tighten the bolts on the plate under the rotating drum properly. It was like WWII for a minute until I could get to the kill switch.
churchsmall-1.jpg

marquis#1

marquis#1

ArboristSite Lurker
we have a 18inch woodsman and 20inch woodsman. these chippers are the best. ive demo many chipper and there are the best in the biz