choices on used McC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Native

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i was at my local saw shop today and was itchen for a new saw to play with got looking through the piles of old stuff and narrowed it down to two saws.

first is: SP125
it has a 22" hard nose bar running semi-chisel .404" pitch chain
Big, Heavy, A lottttttt of power.

second is: Pro Mac 850
it has a 32" Oregon power match bar ( .375" X .050")
smaller, lighter, don't know how how much power.

i am leaning towards the SP125 but i will have to swap out bar and chain so i can afford ripping chain for it

both saws are same price. and have working comp releases.

any opinions?

Yes grab the 125 it has bags of torque compared to the 850 but both will have similier problems with bits and pieces (spares) i sold and demo-ed heaps of these two saws years ago now but my favourite has always been the 125 with a 24" bar and 404 pitch chain especially for ripping, just keep an eye on the fastners of the saw as there prone to shake loose other than that grab it.

Mc Bob

http://www.users.bigpond.com/ozflea/saws.html

Used Mac

I agree with ozflea---Go with the 125, my 125SP is heavy but will cut through anything, I have a 32 inch roller tip on mine, great saw...BILL

And my 2 usually wear 36" bars,but will pull a 48" on rare occasions.It pulls a .404 full comp,with an 8 tooth rim,power to spare.

still alive, thought i'd give a short message. as usual everything is moving from bad to worse.

happy cutting :)

Latest posts

Back