City wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever consider a wood burning add on furnace for that big house Coog? Looks like you may have the chimney for it. I burned woodstoves for about 35 plus years and last year went furnace. Heats the basement, goes in the ducts and has a humidifier and the wife doesn't ##### about wood all over the house. Just a thought....

Love the convenient dry storage you got but my wife would hit me more often if I did that.

Nope.Got to see the fire and have the radiant heat.I never watch tv in the Winter; that has to be worth something?

You might be nuts but you dont have to worry about that heating bill right! I wonder how long will that stack last you? the whole winter?

I wish I knew.I am use to heating a house(smaller) in MN (much colder) where I would not be comfortable with less than ten cords.Too much wood=too much money=too much love.All good stuff.

Nice house and stash of wood...just say'en if I did that to the porch my wife wood brain me.

You aren't using the right angle for her to get that to work out for you. Explain how much more convienent it is this way so the neighbors don't see you in the middle of the night in the scivies bringing wood in the house. On the porch you just reach out snatch a few pieces at a time and duck back in. No need for a porch light unless you just like to share.

Sure wish I could get some of the single moms around here to heat with wood. I'd wire an outlet to keep a coffee pot going on the porch and supply some just for the show. :popcorn::clap:

Yep, its official.You are nuts.
But what wood guy isnt slightly if not completly nuts? According to all my neighbors and my wife, I am certifiable.
Cant tell you how many times I have been asked by my neighbors,"what are you going to do with all that wood?"

You aren't using the right angle for her to get that to work out for you. Explain how much more convienent it is this way so the neighbors don't see you in the middle of the night in the scivies bringing wood in the house. On the porch you just reach out snatch a few pieces at a time and duck back in. No need for a porch light unless you just like to share.

Sure wish I could get some of the single moms around here to heat with wood. I'd wire an outlet to keep a coffee pot going on the porch and supply some just for the show. :popcorn::clap:

Ha Ha Ha, I can remember back in the early unprepared years late in the winter after a season of bar sitting I could be observed SPLITTING wood with a monster mall in the dark in the skivvies on a real cold night. The wife (ex I might ad) feigned embarrassment. Go figure!

Yep, its official.You are nuts.
But what wood guy isnt slightly if not completly nuts? According to all my neighbors and my wife, I am certifiable.
Cant tell you how many times I have been asked by my neighbors,"what are you going to do with all that wood?"

I get that question all the time.I think it's like the reporter who asks the lottery winner what he'll do with the money.Like firewood, money only has one purpose;it's up to you to decide at what rate you burn either.

She worries about the neighbors more than I do, but she is also the one who writes out the gas bill;she gets it.Sure keeps the family close on a cold evening as well.

Back