Cleaning out the recoil.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got to clean out a recoil/replace rope on a friends stihl 026.

I was wondering what people are using for lubricants on the spring and rope rotor post? On my saws, I've just lightly oiled the spring so it won't rust and either a couple drops of oil or a dab of grease on the post

Stihl manuals mention $tihl $pecial lubricant. I$ there any $pecial about this wonderou$ $tuff except the price? I'm thinking it's just an oil with rust preventative.

I've got to clean out a recoil/replace rope on a friends stihl 026.

I was wondering what people are using for lubricants on the spring and rope rotor post? On my saws, I've just lightly oiled the spring so it won't rust and either a couple drops of oil or a dab of grease on the post

Stihl manuals mention $tihl $pecial lubricant. I$ there any $pecial about this wonderou$ $tuff except the price? I'm thinking it's just an oil with rust preventative.

I do exactly what you said. Though I use Lanotech Liquid Lanolin which semi dries. I use compressed air on the spring after to remove all excess oil to leave a really thin film.

Is that Tom? With a new username? If so hello!

Been wondering that myself. Thought you could not change a user name.

As for the recoil, I just spray the heck out of it with silicon spray and pull the cord a lot to work it in. Don't know if that is right or wrong but seems to work.

I use Echo Lube, same stuff i use in gearboxes and on flex drive cables. Reminds me i need to order more

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Sorry chaps, yes it’s me Tom! I changed it a while ago. I wanted to seperate my business from my saw obsession. I come on here to get away from work and didn’t want to be reminded of it on my down time haha

I contacted the site owner :)
SpoonCarving Tom?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Back