Cleaning up a saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gab250

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey, what's the best way to clean up the old saw I have to make it LOOK presentable, at the moment it looks a bit ordinary, and I like my equipment to look reasonable. Any ideas would be appreciated,

Gab

You sounded awful smart in this thread to be asking such stupid questions in the last 13 posts.
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=105192

Here's a few ideas:
Make sure the spark plug is in good condition (sounds obvious, but some people just assume it's good)

Check the spark plug lead, sometimes they can have tiny cracks in them wich will prevent the current passing

Make sure the wires going to the Master control lever arent earthed out to Ground (I had this problem with my 026)

Beyond that, I geuss make sure the magnets on the flywheel are still magnetic (lol) and yeah beyond that I would suggest the coil.

Gab

13 posts in no time this morning.

Last edited:
You sounded awful smart in this thread to be asking such stupid questions in the last 13 posts.
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=105192

13 posts in no time this morning.

+1

You are certainly welcome to start new threads on here if there is a question that you can't find the answer to, but it doesn't appear that you're even trying. I see alot of threads pertaining to your 026 (I am guessing that there is only one...) 026, 024, MS240, and MS260 share several parts. Do a search on cleaning, and you'll find plenty.

Lol, it looks like I may have annoyed some people here. Didnt mean to, I was only trying to ask for some serious advice. I've removed all the sawdust, oil, grease etc that I can, maybe I actually need to paint it up to go any further with trying to make it look neater. Sorry if I've offended anyone or annoyed anyone.

Thanks, Gab

Lol, it looks like I may have annoyed some people here. Didnt mean to, I was only trying to ask for some serious advice. I've removed all the sawdust, oil, grease etc that I can, maybe I actually need to paint it up to go any further with trying to make it look neater. Sorry if I've offended anyone or annoyed anyone.

Thanks, Gab

The best way to look for advice, and lots of it, is with the search button.

Gab, welcome to the forum.

I`ve had good results with plastics, recoil cover etc just stripping them off and scrubbing them in hot water with detergent and a stiff nylon brush. Cosmetically the muffler always looks better with a spray of bbq paint.

If newbies worried about posting questions for fear of provoking a `do a search` response and other put downs then the forum would cease to be the home of lively banter that it is and would eventually become a reference resourse only.
Ok, its been asked before, what hasnt?

hey landyboy whats bbq paint? would that work on a muffler i have on 20 horse (mud motor) how hot can it get?

gab250 i usually spray out my saws with my air compressor

hey landyboy whats bbq paint? would that work on a muffler i have on 20 horse (mud motor) how hot can it get?

gab250 i usually spray out my saws with my air compressor

Any parts house should carry it or can order it. Just ask for BarBQ black spray paint.

If newbies worried about posting questions for fear of provoking a `do a search` response and other put downs then the forum would cease to be the home of lively banter that it is and would eventually become a reference resourse only.
Ok, its been asked before, what hasnt?

Right on Landyboy, I use the search now and then but it is nice to post a question and get an answer the same day,:) especailly the way these topics go off track so much, one dude will ask one question about a saw and the next thing you know there is 4 pages of guys BS'n about camera's and f stops. So sometimes (mostly) you read pages upon pages of BS before you find what your looking for.:dizzy:

As for a saw cleaner I use compressed air and the Purple cleaner or mineral spirts to cut the oil and grime off, It does a good job.:cheers:

if you dont mind me asking how do you display a quote from someone when you post a reply:confused:

In the post of the person you would like to quote, there is a button in the lower right corner of each post that says "Quote". Click that button and it will open up a reply window with their quote at the start of your reply box.

In the post of the person you would like to quote, there is a button in the lower right corner of each post that says "Quote". Click that button and it will open up a reply window with their quote at the start of your reply box.

hey man thanks guess the answer was staring me right in the face:)

You haven't offended anyone. It's just that there are lots of posts about the same thing that could be read. BTW, welcome to the forum.

===

Yea, folks seem to be a mite touchy around here of late, must be the heat...

I use some stuff called Purple Power, bought it by mistake, was looking for Purple Cleaner, seems to work fine, pay attn to the lable...

Welcome to the site...now SEARCH...:)

Last edited:

Thanks, Gab

Im not annoyed. I asked some stupid questions when I first got into AS. But there are some rules

#1 Slow down and search. Probably the best advice one could give or recieve. As stated there is a more info here than anywhere else.

#2 Slow down and search. LOL

Sorry for the harsh welcome. Have some rep on me.

Back