Clearwater Revival 2003

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many more pics to come...later.

I had a full week, doing one $5000 job, with just one helper...logging firs from a back yard...in pretty warm weather..for us here anyhow. The customer built a huge deck, without telling me, greatly reducing the work area.....how unthoughtful can they get, eh? Plus, I talked them out of cutting a very nice red cedar next to the house, instead we got to enjoy giving it a nice thinning.

Recovery was in order yesterday...and now I just got the expected call for the bid I was hoping to do today...logging a bunch of cedar and alder...the best paying local trees....an hour's drive away. Plus a couple other bids, one a dead maple between two houses.....

Next week is looking real full.... but I'll try to get more pics done.

Den, had a tetanus booster recently?

Last edited:
Here's a video of Noah, who posted the two fastest times in the pole climb.

Sorry, but it is 90 degrees off from vertical...and 2.7 mb.

Is this the Rotax Robert that supposedly has the V8 chainsaw you guys are talking about? I have heard that those pictures were manipulated, I would think it would be impossible to make such a thing even work very well. I have seen though motorcycle engines on chainsaws hear on tv. I doubt you can get faster than that so don't be fooled.

Geez geeze are you a troll? or just a fool?

The Predator is the FASTEST saw in the world, period!
Here is a video from last year's Revival. Appx 1.3 seconds through a 30 inch log. This year's log was white pine, about 26 inches. Times were running around 1.2 seconds. I got to run it, what a rush!! Next I'll post pics of the chain after it came apart. We found pieces buried 4 inches in the ground, and some 100 feet away. Robert thinks it is possible for a fragment to be propelled up to a mile!m Robert described a piece of chain going through a steel safety guard, after the chain broke at another show.

The chain speed of the saw is around 150 mph. That is a lot of inertia built into the huge 3/4 pitch chain!

Last edited:
Here's Robert's first time pole climbing. Should I hire him? Only if he brings the Predator to work!!!

Here's a 1.1 mb video of Robert breaking in his piped 3120 that was just massaged by Ken Dunn.

Sorry, but even though I've had my camera for over a year, I apparantly still haven't learned when to stop the action....too soon as you will see...

Here's a video of Robert running Art Martin's 955 Poulan. Robert says it is one of the fastest saws in the world in the 6 cube and under class, stock appearing. It consistently beat 2100 Husky's and 394's, normally the other fastest saws. I think it was faster than the piped ones too.

Dennis running his piped 272--with the KD barrel...and Art Martin chain..which he complained was dull.....no wonder..you shoulda seen what Dennis did to poor Robert's Rotax...tried to dig a trench to drain the birling pond, he did....

....I swear...ummmm...oh okay....not really

Here's Mike Rupely running what I think is his piped 3120.

Last edited:
Check out this character, who showed up briefly with his mountain bike powered by an old McCullough. Interesting design. Tell us what you know about this fella, Dennis...

Great excitement was provided by the nitrous lawnmowers. Out of nowhere...or maybe the neighbor's yard, Dennis and John surprised the crowd with a foot powered entry....but alas, ran out of gas...err oxygen....

It would appear that baling wire and or duct tape would have helped keep them going longer..or at least the hood down!

Great body english!!! Unlike Damon, Dennis' brother, who tipped his unit over.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back