Climbing saw bar length

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys and girls, this'll go down like a lead balloon but my advice for what it's worth on the 200T is ditch the 14 & 16" bars and use a 12" bar only. Absolutely nothing a 16" 200T can do that the 12" 200T doesn't do better, end of story

I'll split the difference and run the 14", then I'll raise you one and run the 12" on my 192t. Life is good.

I don't think you could really tell the diff on cutting speed on 12" vs 16"

On a 200, I KNOW IT!! BUT, you will miss that 4" of reach when you need it!!
When I am a tree all I want to do is get it on the ground, and get myself back on the ground, as FAST as I can! I like climbing trees, I don't much care for it with a saw anymore.
The saw has PLENTY of power for the 4" of bar, the 4" of bar has helped me more times than I can count, the 4" of bar gets me done and home faster.
Why is this so hard to understand? Get the best tool you can, use it to the best of it's capabilities, make life easy?
"Golly jee Wally, I don't know.............." :censored: tards!

I dare not mention 10' bars for the 1.3KW 192T, but up trees you need your big branches/limbs zapped as fast as possible to drop directly down, last thing you need is the limb breaking and swinging on you half way thru the cut, a 12" 200T has power to burn, try it and see.. 14" bar makes a 200T unbalanced and nose heavy, up a tree a 16" 200T on 20" limbs is a recipe for disaster, for limbs that size I'd use nothing less than an 026

1000's are wrong out here then. I'll order a recall:greenchainsaw:

it's scary to see how many 1000's wrong there really are... :laugh: also I wouldn't use a 200T up a tree on anything over 12" diameter let alone 20" here's a pic of a work saw, my saw's are not much to look at, but this one with 1/4" chain and bar, 3/8LP cuts rough and crappy by comparison. On tree pruning, one litre of gas and about 600mls of oil lasts around 3 to 4 hours depending on branch diameter, 2 to 3 inch diameter on average, short bursts what the 200T is best at but 8" to 10" still easy meat
k44.jpg

lake, yes, 200t's are easy to use one-handed which makes it a breeze to sip gin whilst cutting. Alas I've found after a litre of gin, my 200T seems to start cutting crooked. The Stihl factory should be doing something about that. But best to cut down on the risks and stick with beer anyway. It's the smarter choice. The doctor who re-packs my wound dressings each day tells me to drink water only. But we all know he's just being silly. I prefer to stay responsible, and 1.5 litres gas, 600 mls oil and 4 litres of beer usually gets me through to lunchtime unscathed

yt7.jpg

lolol

Nothing says NZ like "Tui"...:)

I went back 10 years ago and the next morning woke up to Tui and Bellbirds... Instantly felt like "home"...

lake, yes, 200t's are easy to use one-handed which makes it a breeze to sip gin whilst cutting. Alas I've found after a litre of gin, my 200T seems to start cutting crooked. The Stihl factory should be doing something about that. But best to cut down on the risks and stick with beer anyway. It's the smarter choice. The doctor who re-packs my wound dressings each day tells me to drink water only. But we all know he's just being silly. I prefer to stay responsible, and 1.5 litres gas, 600 mls oil and 4 litres of beer usually gets me through to lunchtime unscathed

yt7.jpg

ha ha lol, good one. At least we can agree on one thing, that's BEER.

On a side note, my local dealer all the 200T's they sell come with 16" bars.

Latest posts

Back