Climbing with spurs/spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that picture supposed to be impressive?
a3umatu9.jpg
Does this do anything for ya ..... That's my dad !

Nah never stubs , honestly .... Anyway it's all in how you wanna skin your cat me I choose to take it easy on the ankles . Like I said originally I don't new stubs just throw a CMI closed sling around and stand on that . I guarantee that I can move as fast as the next guy without spikes in the canopy , and like I said at the beginning I will often throw my spikes in for wood . I swear half you ****ing retards don't read the post completely your just so excited to have something to say . Dumbasses !
No bro sorry but using spikes for removals is the best way ever its like flying over the tree. Not using the spikes for removals makes everything difficult. Spikes is the pro way to do it.

Nah ..... Sorry spikes are not the mark of a pro , they are a mark of a tree guy . A pro can take down a tree many different ways , I am just saying that of I am tearing apart a top then I can leave them in the truck and if I can flop the log then that is where they stay , and half of you probably prune with spikes too ? But it's hard to debate a person that doesn't read the entire thread they read one snip it (post) and they fly off the handle ! It's laughable to me

Nah ..... Sorry spikes are not the mark of a pro , they are a mark of a tree guy . A pro can take down a tree many different ways , I am just saying that of I am tearing apart a top then I can leave them in the truck and if I can flop the log then that is where they stay , and half of you probably prune with spikes too ? But it's hard to debate a person that doesn't read the entire thread they read one snip it (post) and they fly off the handle ! It's laughable to me
Damn, what a stupid post. You must be one of those guys who is frustrated with spikes because you're either scared to use them or you just suck at using them. I could not imagine doing 90% of my climbing removals without spikes. We've got a couple guys who don't use them on removals at our company. Needless to say, I humored them for a while and let them have a go at it a couple times. Now, when a climbing removal is on order, these guys don't step up to the plate nor do I even bother asking them.

Yeah that kid is an idiot I just don't even read his posts anymore. I bet the next thing he says is that top handles are junk and he does ALL his removals with a silky saw lol

Yes, it does really matter, unless you're not concerned with production. A climber in spurs will be quicker and more efficient than a climber w/o... anytime, anywhere. Just pretend that you are the owner and you're paying three guys to do a bunch of TD's. Do you really want your climbers not wearing them?

THANK YOU! That is what i was saying from the start but I don't think anybody caught that part.

Yes, it does really matter, unless you're not concerned with production. A climber in spurs will be quicker and more efficient than a climber w/o... anytime, anywhere. Just pretend that you are the owner and you're paying three guys to do a bunch of TD's. Do you really want your climbers not wearing them?

Back