Climbing with spurs/spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done a couple TD's where I didn't have my hooks... I was an unhappy camper FOR SURE.

wrf5z9.jpg

Nobody in this thread has once said they used spurs to prune a tree, except treeclimber101 saying all of us pro spur climbers "probably do". See how I used pro as in pro/con not professional. I was just wondering if you could prune this (I assume Photoshopped Tree) without spurs?

I like spurs, I need them for climbing power poles, there is a need for them. They're another tool in your arsenal use them when they make your life easier. I think we can all agree on that.

That's fine hopefully all the guys I just dumped on read them cried to the mods and they were pulled LOL they know they are dead deer stinky ass climbers

Nobody in this thread has once said they used spurs to prune a tree, except treeclimber101 saying all of us pro spur climbers "probably do". See how I used pro as in pro/con not professional. I was just wondering if you could prune this (I assume Photoshopped Tree) without spurs?

I like spurs, I need them for climbing power poles, there is a need for them. They're another tool in your arsenal use them when they make your life easier. I think we can all agree on that.
If anyone read my post it said "i've removed a lot of trees with and without spurs....they have their place....meaning not needed in EVERY situation.

No that's cause you CANT work without them , I can an so can half the other climbers who care to learn some other techniques , like I said I'd smoke half of these guys LOL they already showed there Hand and it's ain't nuttin special

Saying it's wise to sometimes do TD's w/o spurs is the same as saying it's wise to sometimes trim with spurs.

That's not happening.

bfp8nr.jpg

This kid is pretty cocky saying he'd smoke any of these guys in a tree. You were definitely one of those kids I beat up I high school just because you were a cocky ********** but really nobody likes you.

Please, Bob... don't respond to him - ever. Don't feed the trolls and they will starve from lack of attention. Seriously. Your responding to him is what he lives for. Shun the youngster.

Besides, his days here are numbered.

This kid is pretty cocky saying he'd smoke any of these guys in a tree. You were definitely one of those kids I beat up I high school just because you were a cocky ********** but really nobody likes you.
Bob I'd smoke you guaranteed , dude do you even tree ... I spent all day spikeless today 7 hours up down all around what did you do beside polishing the confederate flag sticker on your tailgate

Latest posts

Back