Close up look at a new Dolmar ps6100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah,but now you're stuck with a bar.

It wouldn't be Dolmar if they didn't do that, I'm just happy as a clam when I get bars included with the power heads that are actually a standard size. You should see our collection of new 17" 64DL 3/8 18" Dolmar bars, or, even our old 58DL 3/8 Partner bars. but every brand does it to some extent.

You wouldn't believe the number of John Deere store Stihl MS460, MS441 etc. that come in here for new real bars because they come with 18" laminated out of the box, and the JD place doesn't keep real bars in stock!

I believe any saw under 62cc has to be supplied with a bar & safety chain factory.

I know my Dolmar/Jred/Efco dealer has a brand new 2260 sitting on the shelf PHO and I can walk out with any Total bar I want.He also has the 64/73/7910 Dolmars in stock PHO.

I believe any saw under 62cc has to be supplied with a bar & safety chain factory.
That just for Dolmar I guess- I know all saws on the program are that way for Dolmar. But it can't be all brands as Jreds ship PHO in the 2252/2253.

As for the only shipping with 18" thing- easy, I'll just get some 5105 3/8 20" in and swap out the bars on them. ;)

Not a dolmar thing??????

ITS A FEDERAL THING!!! Called ANSI Standard! Any ChainSaw under 62CC Has to have Green/Blue Label Safety Chain from Factory at point of sale. So Saws that fall in that class are supposed to have ANSI Bar and Chain Approved Combo's THis has been going on for years now

Scott

ITS A FEDERAL THING!!! Called ANSI Standard! Any ChainSaw under 62CC Has to have Green/Blue Label Safety Chain from Factory at point of sale. So Saws that fall in that class are supposed to have ANSI Bar and Chain Approved Combo's THis has been going on for years now

Scott

I thought the limit was 61.5cc, but my memory may be off....

I know my Dolmar/Jred/Efco dealer has a brand new 2260 sitting on the shelf PHO and I can walk out with any Total bar I want.He also has the 64/73/7910 Dolmars in stock PHO.
I have the Jreds with Jred branded Total Pro bars on the shelf. When you buy I will swap to a regular branded Total Pro so I can keep my display saws looking the business...takes an explanation to the buyer, but I'm all about hoarding the last ones!!! Also I will swap to laminated if folks want to save a buck. When I get a 6100 in I will take a pic of the J/red & Dolmar display for illustration.

Scott

Better call Husqy HQ!!! The Jonny Reds are illegal!!! :rock:

What is a Jonny Red???????? only a name they do not manufacture saws anymore? to my knowledge they come from Poulan Factory, Red Max Factory or Husky Factory dont they? To My Knowledge all The above mentioned plants send saws under 62cc with ANSI Compliant chains and bars? Maybe Im wrong cause other that TSC Jonsered does not exhist im my area.....

Scott

Fundamentally an engine is an air pump and your power is limited by how much air you can pump through it. An overly restrictive muffler has essentially the same affect as a too small carburetor, it restricts the amount of air that the engine can pump and hence it's power. It also has the additional negative attribute of making the engine run hotter

This was a huge miscue on Huskys part. Tilton was supplying all the bars and chains stateside. When they switched up the distribution they did not have the B&C's for the powerheads they shipped. All the new Jonnys 2252 and larger were sold to the dealers PHO and we were to supply the B&C's.

What is a Jonny Red???????? only a name they do not manufacture saws anymore? to my knowledge they come from Poulan Factory, Red Max Factory or Husky Factory dont they? To My Knowledge all The above mentioned plants send saws under 62cc with ANSI Compliant chains and bars? Maybe Im wrong cause other that TSC Jonsered does not exhist im my area.....

Scott

Basically all decent or better Jonsered models have been made at the Husky factory since about 1990, but usually the two very cheapest ones have been made by Poulan.

Latest posts

Back