Cold in KY this morning!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the good part about having to stoke the stove to catch up is i just cooked bacon and eggs on mine

It was kinda warm here compared to you guys. It was 12 this morning. Fed the OWB at 9:30, it was down to coals and a few chunks. Water temp still at 167 so no heat loss in the house.

The house was 68.

I turned on the backup heat (propane central air) for 30 minutes to get the house back up to temp while the wood stove heated up from coals.

Ian

I wished I had some propane this morning :help:. Think it was about 10-12 last night. I live on top of a high ridge and its windy on top of that. They're calling for some more snow tonight and in the morning I believe.

16 this morning. 80 in the house at 10 pm and at 7 am this morning 72.... good bed of coals.... Yesterday high about 22...today about 30.

My old Fisher kept my house warm all night long. My wife does get up early and I think I did hear the stove door open so I guess that did help out some. :D

Oh we're fine, but let the missus wake up cold and there will be hell to pay!...

LOL,I sure understand where you are coming from.I have two units in my house with digital thermostats.Wife would complain its 67,68,etc.I finally took batteries out of both thermostat so she wouldnt know the tempature was.

It stopped a lot of complaints....

Got up to a cold house this morning and found that the front porch thermometer read -2 and the back porch thermometer read 4. :jawdrop: I turned on the backup heat (propane central air) for 30 minutes to get the house back up to temp while the wood stove heated up from coals.

Ian

you should think about moving up north where it's warmer.

it wasn't even that cold up here in NY

yup

dont know what exactly the temp was but the wind was blowin and it was cold enough the water pipes froze so i had to fire the salamander up . Here in western ky

dont know what exactly the temp was but the wind was blowin and it was cold enough the water pipes froze so i had to fire the salamander up . Here in western ky

You guys can keep that down there I will stick with the twenties, I have had to thaw pipes many times, not much fun there.

LOL,I sure understand where you are coming from.I have two units in my house with digital thermostats.Wife would complain its 67,68,etc.I finally took batteries out of both thermostat so she wouldnt know the tempature was.

It stopped a lot of complaints....

a heating company i worked for used to adjust the thermostats for an apartment complex so that when it was 65 degrees, they would read 70.

why the management wanted them like that is beyond me since the tennants paid the heat. i guess it's a psychological thing.

It was 6 degrees here on the North Coast of Kentucky (Ohio River across from Cincinnati).

The house was 67 when I got up and the OWB was down to 122 (It is set at 160-170). I reached a point in my wood pile where I am using those ugly pieces of weird shape wood that were just thrown on top of the stacks - I should have thrown in a few more.

oneoldbanjo,where are you at down there?We haul all the Bleach in for the Dry Creek Waste Water Treatment plant down at Villa Hills Ky. Scott

Back