COLD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it getting cool again,8 degrees outside,and old woodburner going strong..keeping house just below 80 degrees..with mixture of green to mild seasoned wood mixture=80% on green side.........NEXT YEAR I WILL HAVE WOOD AS FAR AS I CAN HAVE ROOM FOR=FOR SURE :chop::chop::chop::chop::chop::chop::chop::chop::chop:
2 below this morning, but warming up to 23 to 25 above. Burning lots of dense big chunks of wood the last two days!!!

Got down to minus -22f last night here. And I heard yesterday that the price of propane is going up to near $8 gal. this Thursday here. I have 35% left in my 500 gal. tank that heats my water. I should be able to make it to early summer. My house is at 72f right now, it made it clear up to minus -4f today so far.

It was -22 and now its warmed up to -17 whoo hoo tee shirt weather20140128_061011.jpg

-15 yesterday morning, -23 this morning, supposed to be -16 tonight but warming up to +13 tomorrow...wahoooo. 70+ in the house with the Hearthstone Heritage cranking, kids and wife home for the second day in a row with school canceled; had previously taught them how to run the stove, so it's toasty when I get home from work; that stove is more or less just for fun as the OWB takes care of the house/hot water/shop, but sure is nice to see the flames dance around in the Heritage when I walk in the house, maybe it's just me, but I think my blood pressure goes down when I can see a fire in the stove:D And, with propane hovering around $5/gal here, I'm sooo glad it's been a backup since 2004.

Yeah they missed our forecast by a mile last night. Started out we were going to have a low of 0 but it was below zero by 9pm. -20 out there right now. I am sick of this crap!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

-20 for us this morning but weather forecast says back to normal winter temps for us for a while now.
Pretty sad when we are looking forward to -3 / -10 LOL

Weather in this area starts to get spring shaky around Feb 14 so just a couple more weeks of nasty here.
Then all over the place.

Patches of blue sky this morning, 10 degrees, wind at 22mph, wind chill -10. The school closings continue, approaching double digit number of days. Have to tarp the forklift and run a salamander for an hour the last couple weeks to get the diesel started. Shop down the road is going to put a block heater in it for me but I don't think I can get it there. Roads are polished hard packed snow and I'll never get through the ravine with industrial tires. Just have to wait till the weather breaks and the blacktop gets a chance to peek out again. Half my wood for sale is no longer accessible. Checked the chimney yesterday. Had shoveled the main roof off two weeks ago when rain was predicted. (glad I did because it rained hard a few days later) The garage has close to three feet of snow on it, the house 18" since shoveling. Saw a jackknifed semi late yesterday and another on it's side, the flatbed trailer with a load half on it's side and twisted like DNA, half upside down. Coming home empty from a delivery last night after dark in the flatbed I ran 35mph max. No hurry... just keep it simple and uneventful.

Latest posts

Back