Conveyor build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MVC-009S_19.JPG

There's another set of holes for the keepers too. Just less of a falll if something goes haywire or you want to move it with it up.

MVC-010S_15.JPG

Here I'm pivoting the wheels around using the long 3/4" rachet. REAL easy to do.

MVC-011S_16.JPG

Wheels in place and 3/8" pins are slip in to lock them into position.

MVC-012S_8.JPG

With the ratchet, the whole thing can be swung around in an arcc or straight sideways if needed.

MVC-013S_8.JPG

Closeup of the knuckle and the way the pin is.

MVC-014S_7.JPG

Pins store in the keepers extra holes on the rail.

Well, That should be it. Too wet now for action pics and not planning on cutting anything soon as I have a bunch of other stuff that needs fixed. Conveyor plugged up my shop for a while so things have built up as they always do. No videos from me either as I don't have anything to take them. I

Been fun and I hoped you guys got something out of it. Should make things easier when it comes time for hauling in/out of the barns and sheds.

Thanks guys for the kind words. My Dad was always fixing things and making stuff out of nothing. Not because he wanted to, because he HAD to!

I owe a lot to him for teaching me stuff and encouraging me along the way. We still work together a lot of projects and enjoy it. I try to tell people to just get out in the garage and try it. You might be surprised what you can do. ;)

Just got some pricing from those guys at Powersplit. That double splitter with built in conveyor starts at $24,000.00
Thanks.
That's about $16k more than I'd pay for it.
Was more the self-driving splitter/conveyor combo I thought might be worth noting.

Ouch. Another ~$10-15k would buy a person a nice processor.

The problem with beer is the top doesn't go back on easy like a soda or water bottle. I put a cup holder on my processor
Just got some pricing from those guys at Powersplit. That double splitter with built in conveyor starts at $24,000.00

The problem with beer is the top doesn't go back on easy like a soda or water bottle.

The real problem with beer is that it gets all shook up. I have a cup holder on my mower. It's almost useless. I guess a gatorade fits, but who wants one of those when your mowing the grass?

MVC-001S_45.JPG

Decided I'd better make up a holder for the extension and jack handle so they wouldn't get misplaced. Decided on a design and used some scraps of stainless. Here's the clip end.

MVC-002S_42.JPG

Turned a shoulder on a short round with enough slop that you can feed the extension over it. The other end goes through the welded pin and a clip holds it in place.

MVC-003S_42.JPG

For the handle I drilled through the pin and bent a piece of 3/8" on a 90 degree. Drill it for some cotter pins so now it swivels out. Wanted it longer to insure it would slip off when straight.

MVC-004S_38.JPG

Simply slip the extension on and pin.

MVC-005S_34.JPG

Slide the handle on and swivel in and pin. Either one can be taken off in any order and they are both trapped in place. This keep my feeble mind form forgetting to bring them along.

Can't post vids as I don't have anything to take them.

Latest posts

Back