crafstman chain saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I'm out of town for the next few days. I'll let you know how I make out (providing I can get a carb kit in a timely manner).

Rob.

parts for crafstman units are such a p.i.t.a to find!. We almost never take in these but last yr took in a craftsman hedge clipper for service only to find that the walbro carburetor it had didn't exist in our walbro book, and after contacting walbro, neithe the carb or the rebuild kit were available to anyone but sears....and good choice on the husky 345, you'll be happier with it than you would have been with the craftsman.

Thanks guys. This is a McCulloch saw. It has a Zama C1Q M33A carb. A new diaphram has the saw humming nicely.
This has been a relatively interesting project in that I have learnt quite a bit about chainsaws and more importantly carbs--thanks for the advice. I can now totally disassemble the saw in minutes.

The Zama web site (www.zamacarb.com) has a really good intro to their carbs (and carbs in general).

This saw was given to me, but it really isn't worth very much except as a learning project. So as I now have it running I have to decide if it is even worth to put a new bar & chain on it. I might see if/how I can piece it together by replacing a bar from another saw I have. It also needs a new drum/sprocket. So other than fixing it up as a spare (might be a good saw to leave attached to the quad) I'm probably going to save my money for a quality saw.

Latest posts

Back