Craftsman Bushwacker Info!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
johnfw

johnfw

I just bought a Craftsman 636.795454 and was looking for info about it and stumbled across your site here. If I can't get it running, I would be interested in selling it or parting it out. I have another one that looks just like it, but it doesn't have the numbers on it any longer. I can post pics if interested.

tubastuff

tubastuff

Just pulled down my Brushwhacker (37.7 cc) after about 10 years of not having run it. Didn't start on the 10th pull, so I checked the spark (still good) but gas isn't getting through, so I pulled the carb (it's a Mikuni and they're still in business). So I've got my fingers crossed on it still being functional after cleaning. There's not much in there to go wrong. I think I bought the think in 1990.

The last time I used it was with a 10" carbide saw blade to clear small trees and a blackberry thicket. It did the job very well--it's a real beast. I've put a line head on it as my regular trimmer has rotted out the carb innards and I'm waiting for the rebuild kit.
-----
15 minutes later, after cleaning out the carb, the thing started on the second pull. They don't build 'em like this any more, do they?

Latest posts