Craftsman/Roper 3.7

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannon51

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have one of these saws (917.353731) that my brother bought in the 70's. I got it from him when it was about 2 years old. The saw still runs but is getting a little weak. I just looked on the Sears site to see what parts are still available for the saw and it looks like almost nothing. When did Roper quit making saws and is trying to freshin up this saw going to be more trouble than it's worth.
Cannon

What color is yours?

Post a pic and I likely have a match and you can use yours for parts.

It depends on how much you want to keep what you have versus going with a modern saw.

You can fix what you have far cheaper than getting something of comparable power new.

Roper

I am am bidding on one like mine on ebay now (1301615122498) but if rings, air filters, sprockets, gaskets and such are no longer available at some point it's not practicle to try to mantaine it. I can afford a new saw and have picked up several new ones (Husky and Echo) in stores. It's just hard for me to want a plastic saw even if it's new.
Cannon

Latest posts

Back