Craig's List Super Score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For starters, it is against Stihl policy to sell a unit without running it. Second, the model he has is about a month old and the price is WAY too low. Thirdly, if someone were going to raffle a unit, they would be looking for the least expensive unit to raffle unless it was raffled among a group of loggers. Lastly, the picture he posted in the cl add is of a different unit than he sold. It all adds up to something very fishy. I'm betting old dano will not post up a pic of the serial number.

Here is a challenge, dano: post a pic of your S/N. I'll run it and we'll see if it is legit. People post #s here all of the time, so it should not be a problem. Plus, I can get ahold of the dealer it came from, and you can go register it for the warranty. If the P.O. already registered it, they can transfer it into your name for the remainder. That saw is only a month out two old, so even if it is registered, you still have 10-11 months of warranty to take advantage of.

There it is, Mr. Legit. I'll be glad to eat crow if I'm wrong. Let's see the number.

I don't know about this instance but I bought two MS200t's from a reputable stihl dealer that was closing them out due to the 201 coming out. one was the floor model and one was in a box. I saw that they were discounted $529.00 and always wanted one. checked ebay with my phone and found that a new one was going for over $1000.00. bought both and turned them. neither had been run but it turned out the box was worth about $75.00 it sold on a pure auction for $1250 IIRC. But a dealer will sell a saw still in the box. I bought the 6 pack of oil and transferred the 2 year warranty to the e-bay buyer.

He didn't buy it. His wife won it at a Christmas party raffle. Strange thing, my wife won a Christmas party raffle prize at her company party years ago.

The prize was two seats to a Sun's basketball game. The seats were mid-court, three rows up from the floor.

Since neither of us are / were sports fans, I sold them. And yes, we made some very good money on them.
Got to stick up for him on this one.People win stuff all the time that they don't want/need.Gun raffles are an example.People buy a ticket out of charity win a gun.Don't want the gun,find some guy at work likes guns an sells it cheap.Happens all the time.Doesn't happen to me 'cause I never win nuthin' and am always late to the cheap gun sale but it DOES HAPPEN.A LOT

I truly hope for the OP that it's legit. Experience and logic tells me otherwise though....

Since the step was taken to inform everyone of the purchase I hope he'll finish the thread and let folks assist in determining if it's on the level. I'm really anxious to see how this one turns out. Good luck Dano!!

Hmmm, it looks like Dano has hidden his location but was on here as recently as an hour ago...... It looks even more fishy now, without any comment from him.

Oh Danio oh Danio, wherefore art thou Danio?
Packing heat, and making more Craigslist deals? Post #35, apparently retired LEO's with 29 years under their belt can't spot a sketchy saw deal a mile away...http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...al-with-craigslist.247260/page-2#post-4571509
What a poser, no way a retired cop is running the risk of being in receipt of stolen goods for a story like he recited. Unless he's not really a retired cop, and or has an imaginary saw collection but we'll never see anything to the contrary.

Last edited:
I am going to go out on a limb and say we won't see any serial numbers anytime soon:)

There would have to be a saw for him to get a serial number.
Tough crowd.:buttkick:

That's what happens when a guy has a history of telling lots of stories and offering zero proof of their validity.

Shades of dh1984 abound.

Have you checked the serial numbers on all your saws.

No, but the vast majority of saws I acquire are 25+ years old and unlikely targets for a thief trying to make a quick buck.

Didn't Dano recently brag about picking up a Stihl brush cutter as well? I do not think we ever saw any evidence of it, much less the 260 and 660 he claims to also own.

Oh ye of little faith.

There are good people amongst us, and it calls upon our belief in others to seek them out.

Well, this coming from THE guro - you know... chainsaw and motorcycle two strokes are one in the same and also THE critic of all things when it has to do with faith?

We'll see if this deal is all its cracked up to be... stihl man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back