Craig's List Super Score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Molan Labe

Molan Labe

ArboristSite Operative
Best guess, brother Dano is most likely done posting unless he forms a new user name account.

But then again, he could be out riding his two stroke motorcycles... or just bearing false witness.

Last edited:
trophyhunter

trophyhunter

ArboristSite Guru
Under the old software you could see when a person last logged in. I am not seeing that now, am I missing something?
Probably not? I mean it's one thing to invent an imaginary saw collection and go pose as a Craigslist superstar on this forum, and another issue entirely to pose as a cop retired or not. Real cops that put their hind ends on the streets for the duration of their careers really don't like that sort of thing at all. Neither do the courts and judges that rule in them.

I'd be worried if I were him he might have gotten the attention of real LEO's that patronize this forum and might be looking into him at this point. ~Just sayin...

Whiskers

Whiskers

Addicted to ArboristSite
Remember this gem back from the thread muffler mods? The genus that is Dano stated...
Dano said:
"Back in the day (mine), for the most part, a racing bike was nothing more than a motorcycle stripped down of all unnecessary weight, and all of it's lighting equipment removed. Two-stroke engine mods consisted of doing some modifying of the intake and exhaust port. Reed valve induction wasn't even around back then.

The biggest mod that you could do to a bike so that you could race it, was to lose weight. Engine mods came second. Suspension mods came in a close third.

At the end of the day, when all the smoke and dust has cleared, a two-stroke engine is still a two-stroke engine, no matter how a factory might have slapped it together, and it's operating principles remain the same.

And when it comes to books, just cause something is printed in ink within it's covers, doesn't always make it true. The Bible is also a book, and we all know that the vast majority of it's contents is nothing more than pure speculation and conjecture."

Par for the course.

Did you just show up to the chainsaw forum and figure you'd be a private investigator or what?

Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Oh heck yeah. I just pulled out my two-way radio that is connected directly to the nearest police dept., gave them the serial # and waited for it to come back. In the meantime, me and the seller sat down and had a couple of beers and talked about the great weather we were having.

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
. AS Supporting Member.
I finally learned how to post pics (I hope).

And, not that I feel the need to explain anything to anyone, but I did some further checking and my new saw is registered with Stihl.

All is good!

Attachments

• P1050752.JPG
    P1050752.JPG
    472 KB · Views: 103
  • P1050753.JPG
    P1050753.JPG
    491.5 KB · Views: 94
  • P1050754.JPG
    P1050754.JPG
    446.6 KB · Views: 89
Guido Salvage

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
I finally learned how to post pics (I hope).

And, not that I feel the need to explain anything to anyone, but I did some further checking and my new saw is registered with Stihl.

All is good!

Perhaps you feel "All is good" but many of this Forum have a different view. You were asked to post the serial number of the saw and have once again dodged the issue.

The pictures you have shown could be of any saw, how about one next to your 660 or with today's Arizona Republic News? Time for you to stand behind your claims or move on somewhere else.

Last edited:
1Alpha1

1Alpha1

. AS Supporting Member.
Perhaps you feel "All is good" but many of this Forum have a different view. You were asked to post the serial number of the saw and have once again dodged the issue.

The pictures you have shown could be of any saw, how about one next to your 600 or with today's Arizona Republic News? Time for you to stand behind your claims or move on somewhere else.

Maybe you could kiss my ass. I'm not obligated to post anything that I don't want to. For the longest time, some of you ladies have been crying and moaning about me not posting pictures. Now that I have, you say it's not good enough.

I don't have to prove anything to anyone. I've said that in the past and I'm saying it again.

I bought this saw on the up and up, it passed my muster and that's all that matters. I even went to the extent to call a Stihl dealer and he ran the serial number. He even gave me the name of the buyer and city / state.

I've re-read my thread, and I have to say, that some of you are just plain pathetic, in regards to what you posted. There's some of you that I wouldn't even walk across a street to meet in person.

Oh well, life goes on.

Molan Labe

Molan Labe

ArboristSite Operative
Did you just show up to the chainsaw forum and figure you'd be a private investigator or what?

Na, I just stumbled on to the muffler mods thread. And lo and behold, brother Dano was instructing the forum how two stroke motorcycle motors are one in the same as two stroke chainsaw motors.

Then, he gave the forum a heads up on the legitimacy of the good book as a bonus.

I am a bit surprised he posted again. I guess every forum has it's dolt to tolerate...

leftyz

leftyz

ArboristSite Operative

The pictures you have shown could be of any saw, how about one next to your 660 or with today's Arizona Republic News? Time for you to stand behind your claims or move on somewhere else.

FYI, I viewed the EXIF data (embedded data in the image file) and it says:

Camera Make = Panasonic
Camera Model = DMC-FX3
Original Date/Time = 2013:12:23 10:38:14

Along with much more insignificant data. Seems legit to me, or he knows/found someone with the same model saw.

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

. AS Supporting Member.
hey dano it would be cool to see a pic of all your stihl equipment now that you can post pics.

At this point, I don't feel like doing anything for anybody. I've never once hassled another forum member who stated that he just acquired another saw, be it new or used. Not once did I demand that he post the serial number so that I could verify it's authenticity. And, I've never once demanded that they post pics as proof of possession.

I'd like to know just how many of you check the serial number of a saw that you plan to buy, or have purchased? I'm going to guess not many, if any at all.

I was a LEO for almost 30 yrs. I've never once been a victim of any kind or type of crime. I'm not naive or silly enough to buy a saw (new or used) without performing my due diligence. During my career, I saw it all, and dealt with every type of low-life that existed.

You wanna see some pics of my Stihl equipment? Get a Stihl catalog and just go to the appropriate page. My Stihl equipment looks just like the stuff in that catalog.

BTW.....I still hope that you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New year. And yes......that was tough to say.

Saw Dr.

Saw Dr.

Junk Collector
No serial number posted = stolen saw and he knows it. There is nothing to loose by posting it here. It is not like identity thieves care about the serial of your saw. It REALLY doesn't matter if the number goes with an imaginary saw. I'm still not convinced.

Number please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts