Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have 41 acres of property that we would like to have all of the dead, leaning, and fallen wood removed in exchange for you keeping all of the wood and wood chips. Only those individuals or companies that can produce a worker's comp and insurance certificate need only inquire. There is 250-350 man hours of work. Property is for sale (at a giveaway price)so we are looking to get started on this soon in order to get this property sold. There will also be a basic agreement to sign. Just signing the agreement is NOT enough, you MUST carry worker's comp and insurance-there will NOT be any weekend warriors allowed on the property. Please call IAM-A-DUMBASS.

Because insurance and labor are free!

:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Double-unbelievable!

This thread reminds me of my neighbor who last winter called me in January and told me (not asked - told me) that they were going to have to take some of my wood because they ran out. ..... They made out just as poorly as when they came over to tell me that I had to clean out my barn so that they could use it for their horses ... or the time that they told me that I had to go and shoot a skunk that they had trapped under their trailer ... or the time they told me that I had to take the machines that I rented and do their driveway and dig them a ditch ... or ... :confused: ... ok, now I'm just depressing myself. :dizzy:

when is your neighbor moving i want to move in there if your doing all the work:greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw:

Allright, so there is this lady , she put up an ad, " free trees" with pictures too. 3 large silvers up against the house and all. It a little bit of a job to get them down safley.
So I made contact, if she calls me back and we set it up I am going over there and I swear ... you guys are gonna wanna see this. One and done baby yeah! Its gonna be brutal, hope she had insurance. You guys wanna start palcing bets now or should we wait til its secured?

Last edited:
Allright, so there is this lady , she put up an ad, " free trees" with pictures too. 3 large silvers up against the house and all. It a little bit of a job to get them down safley.
So I made contact, if she calls me back and we set it up I am going over there and I swear ... you guys are gonna wanna see this. One and done baby yeah! Its gonna be brutal, hope she had insurance. You guys wanna start palcing bets now or should we wait til its secured?

take pics?

I haven't heard anything back. Maybe someone actually took on the job and did it. The pics showed 3 multi trunked silvers. Seemed close and leaning over the house. I said before if I had some other type of job besides this there is just no telling what I would do for some firewood cause buying it is way out of the question.

I just got underbid, or should I say "someone offered a better deal" on a job that was no where near as easy as my bid reflected. I'm actually glad I didn't get it, in hind sight.

Anyone want to buy a stump?

http://thumb.craigslist.org/grd/1652792455.html

black walnut log - $500 (thumb)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-03-20, 11:09AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

still standing 7ft tall 90inches diameter black walnut log.
call 989-553-0169
WILL NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

http://thumb.craigslist.org/grd/1652792455.html

black walnut log - $500 (thumb)

Date: 2010-03-20, 11:09AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

still standing 7ft tall 90inches diameter black walnut log.
call 989-553-0169
WILL NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Now that's a sweet deal!:ices_rofl:

craigslist

As some of you know, I has a great score on C.L a couple of weeks ago (see Craiglist Locust).So, with high hopes, I answered another "Free Firewood" ad a few days ago by providing my name, address and # to the e-mail account.I got a call yesterday from the woman who told me that she had two trees down, and if I did "a little work" I could have the wood.I didn't hang up until she had mentioned 'new roof', 'replace rotted fascia and soffit' and, I think, 'paint'.After all, she said, she was "just a woman" and couldn't do these things! I just want to know whose ex-wife this was...

My son respond to a ad on cl about a riding lawn mower,he called the lady and she said she had sold it but she had a lot of other good stuff,so he came home with tow sthil 029 saws new ,weed eater,push mowers,some nice fishing tackle,poles,and a john boat ,all for 300.00,and she said that will teach that sob to cheat on me again, my son said she scared him,but what a deal

Latest posts

Back