crane day!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work.

It reminds me of a lot of trees we do around here. What model crane/capacity were you using?

Hey, nice work oldirty! Crane jobs are just too much fun! So what if your backcut wasn't perfect? At least it dropped where it was supposed to. I've had the same problem now and then too.

You do all the climbing and then they make you do the butt cut too? :dizzy:

That's an odd statement-don't think i've ever worked on a crew where the climber made the groundies drop the stem. It's just a part of the climber's job on removals.
Your buddies look straight out of prison. :biggrinbounce2:

I'm actually surprised one of them was clean-shaven. The first snowfall around here and everybody starts a beard.:D (The scary thing is we got a woman groundie who can grow a better beard than some of our guys.)
I shut down for the winter and was wondering about the clean up with all the snow. Do you come back in the spring for a final (clean up any sawdust, etc.) or are you done when you leave?

Gotta make sure you have good groundies. Had one several years back that i swear could hide a load of wood under the snow. Had to go back and cleanup those. Once i started kicking his ass every time we had to reclean a job, he quickly improved.

The fourth picture made me laugh-the morning coffee running through him?

Thanks for the pics oldirty.

That's an odd statement-don't think i've ever worked on a crew where the climber made the groundies drop the stem. It's just a part of the climber's job on removals.

Sure I see it all the time. When the climber is done in the tree, he is done. The groundies swarm the piles and the trunk. The climber often leaves with the bucket truck to start the next job.
But in actuality, I was noticing the groundies sitting in the warm truck drinking coffee while dirty is in the tree freezing. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Looked like a dark day or is it just the pic`s? Id swear you guys were gonna get dumped on(snow that is), winters out that way always seem bad!!
Nice Job!!!!!

:cheers:

LXT...............

Sure I see it all the time. When the climber is done in the tree, he is done. The groundies swarm the piles and the trunk. The climber often leaves with the bucket truck to start the next job.
But in actuality, I was noticing the groundies sitting in the warm truck drinking coffee while dirty is in the tree freezing. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Hate to work there!

We all pitch in on the clean up in our co. Even the owner!
I do agree though if it is an easy stem I let the boys fell it. If it is big, or in any way not a straight forward wide open drop, I fell it.

Nice work oldirty...........The Tree had a rather lengthy trunk, this would indicate the crane had the capacity to pic "the big wood". I wonder what was your reasoning in dropping the butt log, why not sling it and pic it clean?

Nice work oldirty...........The Tree had a rather lengthy trunk, this would indicate the crane had the capacity to pic "the big wood". I wonder what was your reasoning in dropping the butt log, why not sling it and pic it clean?

thanks bud.

ahhh, the big wood.

i mean he couldve probably picked it in 1 but we cant forget about the drain near the garage entrance. he didnt feel like finding out just how much weight that area could handle.

fall it uphill towards the street he tells me and we'll take it in 2. sooo thats what i did.

i am a company guy man, only doing what i am told! lol

Last edited:
thanks bud.

ahhh, the big wood.

i mean he couldve probably picked it in 1 but we cant forget about the drain near the garage entrance. he didnt feel like finding out just how much weight that area could handle.

fall it uphill towards the street he tells me and we'll take it in 2. sooo thats what i did.

i am a company guy man, only doing what i am told! lol

I hear you..........lot of work...
I would have rather made two picks from in the tree, instead of felling it, cutting in 2, then making 2 picks off the ground. Each his own I guess.

great job either way!

I Love Riding the pill...but I must admit Im more often on the other end running the crane! Nice work again Oldirty

Back