Creating a custom Husqvarna...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work! I like it, can you explain the criss-crossing design on the top handle of the 372, and what that chunk of rubber is for? Holding a scrench? Is that a Stihl part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work! I like it, can you explain the criss-crossing design on the top handle of the 372, and what that chunk of rubber is for? Holding a scrench? Is that a Stihl part?

The black criss-crossing on the 372 handle is actually a piece of shrink wrap designed for use on fishing pole handles... I wanted to give it a try since the factory handle quickly became the most beatup looking piece on the saw...
Yes the rubber chunk on the handle is $5 from Baileys: http://www.baileysonline.com/Chains...r-Accessories/Scrench---Bar-Wrench-Holder.axd

good eyes and thanks for asking!

If/when you scuff the bottom, does the orange show through? Did you just cork the tank vent for the boiling?

I learned a whole bunch doing this dye. The 372 was very sunfaded and almost had a layer of powder from all of the UV damage. That is why it is not as glossy as the 353. I considered trying to redye it back to orange but decided against that when I chose to powder coat the cases in the color I chose.

I remember when the Husky colors were orange and black (not like the Netflix show), like on the 51 and 61.

I like the PC job, but that color is more similar to Jred red than Husky orange.

As for scratching the color off, it depends on how long you dye with RIT, it seeps into the plastic, unlike a paint on the surface. The longer you heat/dye it the deeper it goes, and the more it will resist scratching back to orange.

As for the faded gloss, hit it with WD40 for a quick shine touch up... Or wipe it in Vaseline or mineral oil and then cover that with armor-all. If you are kinky, I hear silicone based sex lube lasts a long time too. Post the results if you gloss it up.

I remember when the Husky colors were orange and black (not like the Netflix show), like on the 51 and 61.

I like the PC job, but that color is more similar to Jred red than Husky orange.

As for scratching the color off, it depends on how long you dye with RIT, it seeps into the plastic, unlike a paint on the surface. The longer you heat/dye it the deeper it goes, and the more it will resist scratching back to orange.

As for the faded gloss, hit it with WD40 for a quick shine touch up... Or wipe it in Vaseline or mineral oil and then cover that with armor-all. If you are kinky, I hear silicone based sex lube lasts a long time too. Post the results if you gloss it up.

This Dormant Copper powder color is quite unique as pictures do not fully do it justice... put this thing in sunlight and it look more like orange copper than red copper

This Dormant Copper powder color is quite unique as pictures do not fully do it justice... put this thing in sunlight and it look more like orange copper than red copper

I guess that's why they call it dormant : you gotta put it in the sun to wake it up. LOL

Back