CS Mill Dudes.....Can anyone tell me the brand of this mill rig????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This mill rig came with my Jonsereds 111S and the owner did not know the brand...not do I. It looks like a Grandberg sorta, but it travels on 3, 22" rolls and the ends that holds the roll shafts and the vertical adjustment tubes are cast alum....very nicely made unit. I don't know diddly about CS mills.....anyone seen one like this before and know what brand it is???? Any other info would also be appreciated....THanks! 111S mill rig 001.JPG111S mill rig 002.JPG 111S mill rig 003.JPG 111S mill rig 004.JPG 111S mill rig 005.JPG

It looks like a version of the 1960's/70's Sperber CSM

Well that dates probably correct.....From going over this 111S it seems the saw has never done any actual tree cutting.....I believe the mill and saw were bought at the same time....this saw has the old style logo....meaning it's probably 72-74 ish.... Never heard of Sperber.....good??...Bad???? Indifferent???? Do I even have it installed correctly??? LOL!!!

WOW. That is an amazing shop. Whats the big rotating/clamping/jiggy thing for?

You got a sister that needs settling?

Long story.....that is a very small part of a much larger machine....it was a 60 section commercial int/ext door making/clamping machine for around 1902.....I took that set of legs and axle and made it a manual, 4 section, rotating clamp carrier for gluing and clamping stair treads, cabinet doors, int/ext doors, flat panels ect......it wiill glue and clamp flat and square anything 7'-8" X 36"....really speeds things up in the shop when doing a run of stair treads or cabinet doors.....generally get two doors in each section....by the time you get all the way around the first two are ready to remove from the clamps......great rig for a 2-3 man shop.....

Back