Cs500p for crane cutting.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLEngele

It's all in the hips.
Reaction score
I used to look at echo saws as a distant saw company. I gave up on my t540xp last year due to running issues, and picked up my bosses cs355t. My thoughts before I even started it were bad. Then I cut with it and was very pleasantly surprised by it.

Now my ms250 (one of many) finally gave up. I used it due to low price, 18" guide bar, and the dang things just performed awesome for such a little saw.

I did a lot of research to figure out what to get to replace the light saw for climbing and bucket truck crane jobs. It seemed to run low rpms which I was expecting from my research. It Has opened up some with the tube out of the muffler, and some run time.

I am wondering how y'all that own this saw are doing with it. I see a lot of people had the cs500p many moons ago. It is working good for me. Gets better every day.

Thanks for any input. Y'all have a good day.

Yeah they are growing on me for sure. The 500 I got is a torquie little thing. It seems slow some times, but it starts and runs great. Looking to make adjustments I've seen from other members here.

IMG_20161230_160912.jpg I have a 490 just a 500 with a plastic handle. It runs good with the stupid tube pulled from the muff and deflector opened.

I was looking at the 490. For some reason the 500 was screaming at me off the shelf. The 500 is nice so far. I think it is starting to come around. Tuned her up some. Just need to be cutting more. Kind of slow for me this month unfortunately. Nice pic!

Latest posts

Back