cut some big (50+ inch) oak today, with pics!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragrcr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
so i went and cut some oak for a friends grandfather today, figured i would take some pics and share em with you guys.

attachment.php

in the middle of cutting a table
attachment.php

my buddy cutting a table
attachment.php

me running the 064 in some big wood
attachment.php

throwin chips.
attachment.php

Last edited:
ya we cut some of them un half already, the 64 got a new chain this week cause the old one had nothng left, i hand file my chains, it looks decieving but in the pic he is more than a foot away from the cut, and he was only that close to put a wedge in for me.

Nice pictures thanks for shareing. Them big oaks take some muscle don't they? Takes muscle to cut em and lots more to move them. I know I just cut a 30" pin oak today. I'm going to really feel it tomorrow.

it was all 2-3 of us could do to get the bigger less rounded ones to move... i am tired.

Nice pictures thanks for shareing. Them big oaks take some muscle don't they? Takes muscle to cut em and lots more to move them. I know I just cut a 30" pin oak today. I'm going to really feel it tomorrow.

Tried to call you today, but your phone was off. Coulda helped you out with those!!

well, there was a little bit of rot in the core, actually had about 1-2 GALLONS of water come out of a cut, scared the crap out of us, thought it was GAS, but ended up being a water pocket in the rotten area, we did get a few table slabs out of it, and a neighbor bought a couple from us, paid for the mix and oil, we were gonna mill a large plank for a mantle for one of the guys there, but we decided it was too much effort to get it loaded on a trailer where it was laying. this is the last couple of years he will be able to cut firewood so this way he will have a good few years at lest before he has to worry about it, i was just there to do some cuttin and hep out friends.

everything in the pics was cut with my 064 and my 440 mag. we had a few other saws there 2, in one of the final pics, there is a rounf that was ripped into quarters, that was done with my buddies homie 330. but the stihls did basicly all the work.

Back