Cutting with my dad - pictures of my firewood rig

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomcatbubba

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
View attachment 177936View attachment 177937View attachment 177938View attachment 177939View attachment 177940

I went over to the neighbor's 600 acre farm today and pulled about 2 cords of red oak out from a nearly 2 year dead tree. Attached are pictures of my rig. The MS362 made some nice work of the rounds (I'm running a 20" bar and the rounds were about 28-36"). The only bummer to an otherwise great day was when one of the rounds slipped and pulled my chain off (brand new one). It didn't ruin the chain but I did need to file the burrs off the guides. O well. It was still a good day!

View attachment 177936View attachment 177937View attachment 177938View attachment 177939View attachment 177940

I went over to the neighbor's 600 acre farm today and pulled about 2 cords of red oak out from a nearly 2 year dead tree. Attached are pictures of my rig. The MS362 made some nice work of the rounds (I'm running a 20" bar and the rounds were about 28-36"). The only bummer to an otherwise great day was when one of the rounds slipped and pulled my chain off (brand new one). It didn't ruin the chain but I did need to file the burrs off the guides. O well. It was still a good day!

DANG! Nice tractor! Need a bigger trailer to spend more time in the woods, though! :givebeer:

I would have strapped those Fritos down lest they take a bad bounce on the way out of the woods. Or at the very least, eat them quick before I pulled out.

Man you got some fancy new looking gear there, no rust, dents, the tractor's all shiny, brand new lookin saw, you win the Lotto or somethin?

Nah, just careful with my stuff I guess. Financed the tractor and I have a farm so I depreciate it. The saw is only about 4 months old but I've already put about 40 tanks of fuel through it.

Nah, just careful with my stuff I guess. Financed the tractor and I have a farm so I depreciate it. The saw is only about 4 months old but I've already put about 40 tanks of fuel through it.

I can appreciate a man taking care of his tools. It usually an indication of the quality of work one does.

I'm gonna ahve to snap a few pics of how the other half does it with a cobbed together JD 40C, a '59 Willys and a mess of saws that were given to me or rebuilt from junk. I'm a farmer too, guess I'm just further along!:laugh:

Back