damaged piston/cylinder? husqvarna 254xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carburator cleaned and "rebuild" with gaskets etc. No pictures...but it needed it I think.
Hoping to have installed everything correctly.
I did notice slight corrosion on screws, it's an older one for sure.

Another question about "worn out pieces".
When I reinstalled the clutch I noticed that the "Rim Sprocket" has slight tear to it.

So...question is, wait and get the saw running, and if need be, purchase new clutch drum and rim sprocket, along with the new plastic "wormgear"?
Seems like the best way to go from here right?

I broke the clutch drum on my 262 (must be because Randy makes these so dang powerful when he ports them :)

So I ordered an Oregon clutch drum plus 7 pin rim sprocket combo and since my original rim wasn't in bad shape it's now simply a spare.
The part number is Oregon 34425X
It says on the side of the box it fits 50, 154, 254, 262, 51, 55

You can probably get that from Baileys which is a site sponsor so I think it's Ok I mentioned them here.
I'm sure you can get just the Rim too if you want to save some money. But the clutch drum and rim combo I don't remember being crazy expensive.

Good luck!

Rim sprockets are indeed wear items.

Pix?

I will post pictures once I get it ready for it. Piston arrived so finding time to get it all together now.

Seeing as I need a few other small items I might just get that sprocket....can't be that expensive :)

update, installing the cylinder/piston part atm.

Any further advice on installing the cylinder head to the piston, I am using the "strip" trick from the video you did Mattyo, but the piston ring just won't let me budge over and the strip just goes down the piston and makes it impossible to get on.

Tips is badly needed, scared I will end up using to much muscle on it....

Minor update.
Tried to take the ring off broke it....
Lack of other i used the old ring. Slipped more or less on with the trick you used in the video.

Wtf...

update.

No it won't start, won't even give me a hint of anything, just dead. Checked for spark, plenty.
Any help? :(

Any chance it's the ignition coil? I am getting visible spark, but....that and the flywheel haven't been replaced. Can't think of any other things that might be wrong at this point.

Not wet really. Smells like gas and tried putting a tiny bot directly into plug hole. Nothing.

If it isn't firing and you've pulled it 20 times trying to start it, the plug should be quite wet. Squirt a bit of gas into the carb then see if the saw will fire.

Latest posts

Back