DESIGN FLAW on __________ chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxbow

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I own one each of every brand of saw currently manufactured.

The manual for one of these saws says “With the choke all the way out, pull cord 2-4 times, and then with choke ½ way out, pull to start”.

Is this a design flaw?

Why don’t they all make their saws so they start on one pull of the cord? :deadhorse:

bulb

this is why some have gone to the primer bulb, to fill the carb so it takes fewer pulls to start.

I own one each of every brand of saw currently manufactured.

The manual for one of these saws says “With the choke all the way out, pull cord 2-4 times, and then with choke ½ way out, pull to start”.

Is this a design flaw?

Why don’t they all make their saws so they start on one pull of the cord? :deadhorse:

You got to go to the Husky web site. Today they announced the first 60cc electric start saw. Pretty cool.

Fail

I guess I didn't have my tongue far enough into my cheek. :monkey:

My failed attempt to express disgust with people calling different design features "flaws" because they don't like them or understand them.

(I think Gary "got it") ;)

Hey - they're all good, buy and use the one you like, I did.

The EPA has banned primer bulbs!!! Seems like might get too much gas and cause pollution with unburned gas getting thru the muffler.

Also in order to fight obesity, the extra couple of pulls have been endorsed by the slim down america trillion dollar plan.

FLAW- look at gov spending, FRIG

this is why some have gone to the primer bulb, to fill the carb so it takes fewer pulls to start.

That's a purge bulb, not a primer. Purges the air out of the carb. You could push that sucker 25 times and all it'd do is circulate fuel through the carb and back into the tank...

I nominate for worst thread of the month

Yep. Failed attempt at humor, and no tech value to speak of. No strumpet pics either...:sucks:

Lets turn this lemon into lemonade and start posting pics of hot strumpets:laugh:

So get to posting already...:agree2:

At least he was not asking repetitive questions about Mac cart engines. :chainsawguy:

Can you verify that with digital tachometer? It's necessary agree???

You got to go to the Husky web site. Today they announced the first 60cc electric start saw. Pretty cool.

It's been done:

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...a25b0074918aedb588256b610019dc5e?OpenDocument

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...d08146c1f3a2473488256b6200129ae4?OpenDocument.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back