Did you know there was a modified work saw forum?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you know there was a modded work saw forum?

• Yes, and I'm there a lot.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • No, but I'll be there now that I know.

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • Yes, but it ain't my thing.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • No, and I could have lived the rest of my life not knowing

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • What's a work saw?

Votes: 6 5.2%

• Total voters
I will check in there sometimes but I don`t think it should be manditory to post about doing little mods to mufflers and woods porting questions and answers. For the big drawn out build threads then maybe. If much more regulation gets shoved onto members posting on here more will just walk away. Anyone notice the abscense of many of the frequent posters on here lately? Hear those footsteps fading away down the corridor??
Pioneerguy600

I don't think anyone is thinking about making it mandatory, just shifting the serious mod stuff to a place where interested folk can go, and can search for their model without picking up a lot of extraneous stuff.

Making it more visible would help with that. Just about half of the poll respondents that indicated in interest in modded work saws say they didn't know it existed.

The Hotsaws part of the forum wasn't part of Arboristsite until late 2006. Before then it was a stand-alone website. So there's more than five years worth of modded saw info in the "Chainsaws" forum that existed prior to the creation of the Hotsaws forum and modded saws sub-forum. It would not be possible to migrate that modded saw data out of the Chainsaws forum to the modded saw sub-forum without doing it manually, post by post. So the habit of posting modded saw stuff in this Chainsaw forum was established long before there was a modded saws area.

Yeah,,,, What Jacob said!!!!!!!

What is a work saw???? I thought they all did work????? Go figure!!!!!

If we use it they will come !

That's the whole point, users will naturally migrate to that forum to read about anything do do with modding. Nothing mandatory, it would just simply condense those threads in one place where a person could zip through them easily without all the other, what oil to use threads, nothing more.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little of the modding stuff go to the hot saw/modded work saw forum. It gets old seeing the same 066/044 get a new top end every month.

I wouldnt mind seeing the collectors corner brought out of there and revived. Alot of my doings could get posted there.

Gonna be alot of new oil threads and what bar/chain do i buy in the chainsaw forum.

Ya know,I don't really have a dog in this hunt and really and truthfully neither do the most of the posters here.I always go to new posts when I get on here and I really don't give a rats ass that these modded saw postings are where they are right now.Both my saws are stock,I cut wood by myself most of the time and they do just fine for what I use them for.Personally,I think "cutting cookies" is one of the stupidest things that I've seen in a very long time,hell I can block a round out in the same time as a cookie but to each his own.I do really enjoy some of the mod threads and get some good information out of them.The one thing that we all have in common is that our computers have back and forward buttons and if you don't like a thread,skip the damn thing.If you like it,read it.I've read on here about the Ohio Mafia,well it seems like there is another little mafia going on here too.It's worse than a bunch of friggin school kids(I drove a school bus for 24 years so I understand this)You all seem like a great bunch of guys but man this is getting old quick.This thread sure seems slanted torward 1 person and bless his heart,he won't ignore you all so it will go away and it just keeps festering.Grow up folks.Pardon me for my rant but old dad has about had enough. Scott

Well, I'm not going to read everything here because I think it's a simple affair. I would have gone to it if I'd known it was there, but as far as I'm concerned, it's buried. There are two choices, I think.

1. Get it out of Hotsaws (great forum for the racers and gear heads among us) and make it its own forum.

2. Delete it entirely and just incorporate it into the chainsaw forum. It's sorta what's going on because it's more or less hidden.

Let's face it, it's a fairly popular topic, it would work either way. Its wasted under hotsaws, though.

In the end I really dont think it matters where they are. If all the mod threads go to a modded work saw sub forum, I will read them there. If I ever get around to trying porting out I will ask questions where ever I will get answers. I have know about the modded work saw forum, and have browsed though it a time or two. But it have no traffic and the threads probably havnt hardly changed since I became a member here. I think it would be nice to have a central place for all the porting info to be collected. Either way, I am tired of all the pissing contests. Half of the time there is no real basis for the argument to begin with. Whether or not it is in its own subforum or in the chainsaw forum matters little to me, just tired of all the arguing.

Ya know,I don't really have a dog in this hunt and really and truthfully neither do the most of the posters here.I always go to new posts when I get on here and I really don't give a rats ass that these modded saw postings are where they are right now.Both my saws are stock,I cut wood by myself most of the time and they do just fine for what I use them for.Personally,I think "cutting cookies" is one of the stupidest things that I've seen in a very long time,hell I can block a round out in the same time as a cookie but to each his own.I do really enjoy some of the mod threads and get some good information out of them.The one thing that we all have in common is that our computers have back and forward buttons and if you don't like a thread,skip the damn thing.If you like it,read it.I've read on here about the Ohio Mafia,well it seems like there is another little mafia going on here too.It's worse than a bunch of friggin school kids(I drove a school bus for 24 years so I understand this)You all seem like a great bunch of guys but man this is getting old quick.This thread sure seems slanted torward 1 person and bless his heart,he won't ignore you all so it will go away and it just keeps festering.Grow up folks.Pardon me for my rant but old dad has about had enough. Scott

The thread has evolved from the original question, but there are 2 things it is not about. It is not about Brad, and it is not about people being unhappy that there are saw modifying threads in the forum.

Well, I'm not going to read everything here because I think it's a simple affair. I would have gone to it if I'd known it was there, but as far as I'm concerned, it's buried. There are two choices, I think.

1. Get it out of Hotsaws (great forum for the racers and gear heads among us) and make it its own forum.

2. Delete it entirely and just incorporate it into the chainsaw forum. It's sorta what's going on because it's more or less hidden.

Let's face it, it's a fairly popular topic, it would work either way. Its wasted under hotsaws, though.

Exactly. It's a simple question.

Traffic should not be a problem if visibility is increased. Seems like half of the membership is interested in threads about modded saws. Of those, the half that didn't know the forum was there said they would use it now that they know about it.

It is a popular topic, and a specific topic. I think the same would be true for the collector's corner.

I'm pretty sure that almost everyone interested in modding or collecting chainsaws has a general interest in chainsaws, so I don't see the chainsaw forum losing expertise just because some of the popular topics have a place of their own.

i didnt know there was a modded saw section ,looked afterwords and found it 4 pages i saw not much usage ,would be nice start a drama page for the winers to go to ,i use this site for saw information ,and modding for performance is very common thing ,i do hate trying to weed through 16 pages of wining and complaining to learn how to modify my saw to make more power though ,just my 2 cents if dont want look at saw modifications skip over em

i didnt know there was a modded saw section ,looked afterwords and found it 4 pages i saw not much usage ,would be nice start a drama page for the winers to go to ,i use this site for saw information ,and modding for performance is very common thing ,i do hate trying to weed through 16 pages of wining and complaining to learn how to modify my saw to make more power though ,just my 2 cents if dont want look at saw modifications skip over em

We could move your post there.

The thread has evolved from the original question, but there are 2 things it is not about. It is not about Brad, and it is not about people being unhappy that there are saw modifying threads in the forum.

I cringe when I read the words Hot Saws, it brings back memories of the Builders Wars that took place here. IIRC, the story about the relationship between ArboristSite and the original Hot Saws site was......interesting.

Back