different muf mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just took my auger out and tuned it. took the deflector off the exhaust and and put it back on there was just a deflector no need for me to open it up its opened as much as I dare to and its plentiful loud. I Did notice that I have a two peice head though and got me thinking. I am looking at a different carb setup too. ??

Thats funny! I fired mine up last weekend and thought about porting it! I've got an '02 Jiffy with a Tecumseh 50cc on it. I didn't see any H or L screws on the carb. I'm thinking it has a fixed jet or maybe they were just hidden well. I just set up a brand new Jiffy 52cc for a guy the other day. It has a Chinese engine on it and all the plastic looks a little chessey. I put a tach on it for fun and got 9,160 WOT and around 3k idle. If laid on the ground it varied from 2700 to 3200 at idle depending on what side was down. I'm glad I bought mine when I did, looks like the everything is going throw away.

I got a Tecumseh too its a 80cc(I think) jiffy legend mine has a H and L adj I pulled the limiters OFF its governed it sure has me thinking too (it would be a summer project if I screw it up now no auger no fishing! this CAD stuff is really affecting my judgement LOL

I got a Tecumseh too its a 80cc(I think) jiffy legend mine has a H and L adj I pulled the limiters OFF its governed it sure has me thinking too (it would be a summer project if I screw it up now no auger no fishing! this CAD stuff is really affecting my judgement LOL

The one I set up the other day was an Stx Pro 2. Its their top of the line or next to top of the line model. I don't think the displacements get much bigger. I could be wrong tho. 80cc ice auger would be hella fun!

use chainsaw instead?

anybody mod their muffler on their ice auger? just to let everybody on the lake you are there

I used to ice fish on lake Erie, we used the hand augers, but found out that an old, cheap chainsaw worked better, and you could cut any sized hole you liked. Things are starting out well for cold weather, hopefully there should be good ice fishing this year.

Latest posts

Back