displacement of a chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Is it really a big difference from 61.5 to 66.7 cc on chainsaw? I have a jonsered 630 and i found a 670 cylinder kit for it but other than having a fresh cylinder for it im not sure if its worth doing?
also is there a way to get the writing on this page to be in english
thanks wayne

With the right saw, the difference can be tremendous!!!
The difference between an MS290/310 and 390 for instance is unbelieveable.

I'm not familiar with the saws you mention, but the old drag racing adage still applies....."There is no replacement for displacement"!

Mike

The 2 saws you have listed were over 0.5hp difference per the original specs. I had the 625 which was 61.5 and now I have the 670 and there is a noticeable difference in overall power. The 630 would be closer in power to the 670, but I believe you would notice the difference.

I recently had to ask myself the very same question, I have a 372xp that needed a piston. A good aftermarket piston was going to cost me 50 bucks or I could get the whole 52mm bore bore for about 100. In the end I decided to go back stock because a gain of 2mm was not that important to me and I do not honestly believe there would be that noticable of a difference. Now if I had already had the big bore kit on hand it may have been a different story.

Back