Do you guys switch saws everytime ya go cut wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep it's a work saw, a clean shiny waxed one.

I don't really wax them, not all of them anyway.
I'll be honest I don't cut firewood I fall timber and big stuff a small stick is over a 100 foot but wax on my saws is a new one lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'll be honest I don't cut firewood I fall timber and big stuff a small stick is over a 100 foot but wax on my saws is a new one lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
When I run a saw,wich I don't do very much of anymore, I fall timber as well and I use the strongest ported 90cc saw I have at the time usually my old 394xp or a red light 066 and when I cut firewood it will be one of those also,no wax though I was joking. I say it all the time, when u get use to a big saw u can't stand to use a smaller one no matter how much lighter it is.

I only have 3 saws total. The big one only comes out to for big trees,if I need it for a rescue or to mill.
I almost always have my little saw and I am always looking for a reason to use my middle saw.
If I had more saw well I would probably just cut more wood and instead of swapping chains I would just swap saws.
Hmm another excuse oh I mean reason I should have 2 more saws hmmm what to get maybe a really nice 40cc

I only have 3 saws total. The big one only comes out to for big trees,if I need it for a rescue or to mill.
I almost always have my little saw and I am always looking for a reason to use my middle saw.
If I had more saw well I would probably just cut more wood and instead of swapping chains I would just swap saws.
Hmm another excuse oh I mean reason I should have 2 more saws hmmm what to get maybe a really nice 40cc
Dolmar makes a nice 40cc. I got one that looks good sitting on the shelf lol.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Change out the saw every tank of fuel, take 6 - 8 out each day, change them over each night, take out diff ones each day, might rotate through them all in a couple weeks, just the work saws. The shelf queens/collectors never get dirty...

The 359 and 372 are always involved! I take the old C-72 along a few times a year because I enjoy the old horses too! It also reminds me of cuttin with my dad as a kid! Which is where my addiction began!

Like the others it depends on the size trees I'm tackling. 550xp and 2260 are the norm though unless i know if got something bigger than normal on the agenda. Then it's the elect 394. It is a beast.

Last time I cut was a couple weeks ago and I took four saws. An 026, 036, 044 and 064. I used them all. The 036 got the most use because it was the newest to the lineup!
4 saws. i would spend more time cleaning them then cutting when done so they look new again lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back