Do you really need that expensive wood hauling equipment?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad and uncle both used to take the backseats out of their cars and haul coal in the floor. When it's all you got, you find a way to make it happen. Things go the way they have been in this country, there may be some more people finding that out.

Me and my wife built our house with a 69 Impala hardtop. Amazing with no center post what we could get in that car. Guys at the lumber yard had to laugh at us loading 2x's into it. Funnier thing is we sold our truck for part of the money cause it was worth alot and the car was junk but it ran good.

Eric, this post is going to shiver your timbers. Here is the first firewood hauler that I ever owned:

1966-1969-lincoln-continental-5.jpg

A 1967 Lincoln Continental, 2-door hard top. Dad bought it new, and I bought it from him in 1970. The trunk was huge, especially after I removed the spare tire. I used it for the first time to haul firewood in 1977. Four packed loads were just short of a cord.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1_eqJ7sI6xA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1_eqJ7sI6xA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
when scrap prices were up i seen a few guys pull up to the scales with cars loaded, trunk backseat and even the passager seat filled with junk. never see it with wood tho

humor

Hey I didn't mean any offense to anyone, just some redneck humor! saw an opportunity to use an old joke that's all:cheers:

That's cool the wood is more valuable than your buddies life.

Wood inside buddy on the trunk.:jawdrop:

My dad used to haul hay in the trunk and backseat of his '72 Lesabre:)

He let me ride in the front seat thank goodness:clap:

A friend cut the top off of a Volare wagon, used it as a woodhauler until the unibody folded up like a cheep suit...

layoffs bite

I know the layoffs are tuff, I get one every G.D. winter! lots of time to stack wood tho :rockn: momma don't let yer babies grow up to be construction workers

Latest posts

Back