Do you remove chainbrakes from your saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you remove chainbrakes from your saws?

• Total voters
Im not a puss but the brake is a safety devise and I want it to work if and when I need it to work.I have ran a few older saws without them but not on a regular basis. :)

Interesting results. When I first started posting here, a substantial number of people removed chainbrakes from their saws because they felt they didn't need them and they got in the way. I guess treemen can be trained--just takes longer than the average bear. :)

Nope, and as a original part of the saw - if they break then I fix them.

I also run saws that never had them.

Regardless of whether they have them or not, my intent is to never need them - that might not always be possible, but my approach keeps me on my toes.

LOL ... I cut by myself 99.99% of the time, so my first thought when approaching a situation is, "How can this hurt me?" :D

I never mess with them on my work saws, in fact I've gone to some trouble to get them working again on the 2101 and 36. I do have a couple of old ones that never had them, and it's history on the race saw.

Another poll without an "all of the above button". :laugh:

When I started running saw's they didn't have brake's.
When they started putting brake's on saw's I (and many other faller's) thought they were a pain in the butt, and took them off.
When the FS started making you have a working brake on a saw to work a fire we started hunting old parts, and buying new clutch cover's.
That's when I started wearing chap's too. It's a money thing. ;)

Andy

Nope, Never took one off. They are on it for a purpose. Too help guys like me from cutting their head off or something else. I've run a lot of saws that never had them but i think they are a great idea. Now i don't hit it every time the saw is stopped but for a kickback, they need to be working.

Another poll without an "all of the above button". :laugh:

When I started running saw's they didn't have brake's.
When they started putting brake's on saw's I (and many other faller's) thought they were a pain in the butt, and took them off.
When the FS started making you have a working brake on a saw to work a fire we started hunting old parts, and buying new clutch cover's.
That's when I started wearing chap's too. It's a money thing. ;)

Andy

yep. says it all.

Is this a cyclelodgeickal test?If it is I have been drinking and I may have to exclude myself because my memory of the above mentioned events is not clear right now.:givebeer:

Damm, i feel like the lone ranger here, why do you need a brake after God gave ya a brain?

Back