Does stihl make a saw that isn't bulky for it's size?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i remember when everything was ******, overpriced, and made it america. now everythings just ****** LOL. stihls seemed to have moved production to america so no need to explain further :D

i remember when everything was ******, overpriced, and made it america. now everythings just ****** LOL. stihls seemed to have moved production to america so no need to explain further :D
Tomorow the stihl or husqy will make a deal with a chineese brand for the pistons , cylinders , e.t.c again you and me we pay the same price for the same saws, so no mater if is america europe asia or australia, no mater if is mahle or tsi-tsu-li you pay the same

Tomorow the stihl or husqy will make a deal with a chineese brand for the pistons , cylinders , e.t.c again you and me we pay the same price for the same saws, so no mater if is america europe asia or australia, no mater if is mahle or tsi-tsu-li you pay the same

trust me, i went into that post not expecting any likes LOL.

My 026 was made in Virginia 16-17 years ago, never had an issue with it yet...... seems like a pretty good saw to me. M'erica, F-yeah!!!!! :numberone::happybanana:

Yeah, I was just sticking up for the Virginia Stihl crew... don't seem to get much love on here......
the america - canada are big countries with much logging so i win more money if i make a factory there , than if i export the saws from Germany or sweeden

Yeah, I was just sticking up for the Virginia Stihl crew... don't seem to get much love on here......

The VB Stihls often made less power than their German made counterparts in the 2000s - but that really was because of EPA adaption, and not because of lower quality - as far as I know.
With the "strato" models, there are no differense.

Brazilan made cylinders have been mentioned as a factor on some Stihl models - but I don't know if it is an issue regarding those differenses - or at all....

Yes - let me explain myself here - of course the weight
in itself of a 3120xp is no problem for a well-built bloke
like myself :) - please do not misunderstand me there :)
- it is the fact that the tip of my 3120xp hangs down like
40 degrees or so which makes it impossible to carry it at
normal carrying-height (the reach of ones arm) - inste-
ad one has hold it up at waist height or so which feels
unnatural and is tireing - unless one chooses to carry it
backwards and drag the tip after oneself in the soil :) ... .

How much weighs a Stihl 090 by the way? (I tried to buy
one once, but with hindsight I am glad I didn't as there
seems to be some convincing arguments for that its power
is much exagregated (perhaps like that of "muscle cars")
:) ... ?

Maybe hang something from the rear handle of your 3120 while walking, perhaps a short handled axe or maul for driving wedges?

I tote anything with a 28 or longer, PITA, tip in the dirt. Have to carry them "port arms" like.

Back