Does this guy hang out in here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting on parts I paid for in Dec. 2009

problem is you never paid for them. you sent a money order he never recieved.

then you left him a negative before you tried to find out were the money order was.

He answered my question AND kept the payment, never shipped the parts either:

"well i guess you deserve not to get your part " direct quote from a BS email

Thanks!!! BS!

you left a neg before he said you didnt deserve a part anyway.

I looked up all the transactions when you were whinning about it last time to verify the time table.

you sent a money order and it got lost. you never proved it had been cashed.

at least four other guys in that thread asked you for proof and you just disapeared.

show the proof he cashed it or clam up.

if Bryce makes a mistake he try's to fix it.

Bryce!!!!!

I've bought lots of stuff from him,,, Parts, at least 3 complete saws, starter parts, piston/cyl. and mufflers

always just as shown in auctioin,,,,

He is tha man!!!!!:clap::agree2::givebeer:

he usually will get back to ya,,, LOLOL!!! eventually

Bryce

He's my first source, if I need a used part. He has many more parts than what he has listed on ebay. I got some 07 parts from him last week next day delivery. His phone number is: 425-508-0102

Maybe I get better treatment then most but I have never had an issue with him. He forgot something once and I got it ASAP once I informed him of it.

Maybe you just get special treatment when you get a box from him on your door step with homelite parts on a weekly basis.

I have spent well over two thousand dollars with him over the years. I have had a few issues with him especially if I order a huge number of items. The worst problem I had was with some bearings for a 009. They were not included in the order. I sent him an email no response so I emailed him again still no response so I opened a dispute with PayPal. He took notice then and offered a refund. I said I did not want a refund I wanted the parts. It dragged on for another couple of weeks before I finally accepted the refund. Funny thing is I repurchased the same items from him the next day and they were shipped with the next order:)

Despite all the communication problems I think Bryce is an honest person and will do his best to make things right if there is a problem but I think he takes on too much.

I keep purchasing from Bryce as I know I will get what I purchase 99% of the time and quite frankly he is the only one on ebay that has the parts I need.

Some ebay sellers will not accept any communications at all. One seller had a manual for an 042 but would not ship outside the US. I tried to contact him but Ebay said the seller does not accept communications from customers so he lost my business.

One thing I hate about a lot of ebayers is they do not make it clear if it is a genuine part or not. Been caught a couple of times with chinese imitations.

Regards

Phil

sawbones,

It looks like you may have the inside track here or something like that. If you have a way to get in touch with him would you mind asking him to contact me?

[email protected]

Thanks

problem is you never paid for them. you sent a money order he never recieved.

then you left him a negative before you tried to find out were the money order was.

you left a neg before he said you didnt deserve a part anyway.

I looked up all the transactions when you were whinning about it last time to verify the time table.

you sent a money order and it got lost. you never proved it had been cashed.

at least four other guys in that thread asked you for proof and you just disapeared.

show the proof he cashed it or clam up.

if Bryce makes a mistake he try's to fix it.

All the more reason to use Paypal. It's a necessary evil on e-bay. Bryce is good people and has treated me very well. A number of vintage projects I've done would not have been possible without his help.

Maybe I get better treatment then most but I have never had an issue with him. He forgot something once and I got it ASAP once I informed him of it.

Maybe you just get special treatment when you get a box from him on your door step with homelite parts on a weekly basis.

Yep- I was Bryce's second customer when he started selling parts back in '98 and I've spent around $10k with him since then. I've only had three small mistakes which he quickly rectified.

caleath,

A whole thread over a carb? Anything special about the carb? Just an 026 carb with three adjusters. New used?

If the guy doesn't respond soon, ask around in here. I am sure one of the members here has one they could send you.

If the guy does contact you and satisfactory resolution befalls the situation, please let us know.

I said I did not want a refund I wanted the parts. It dragged on for another couple of weeks before I finally accepted the refund

That was my deal. I didn't want a refund, I wanted the correct part. He said he had one on the phone, so what's the big deal. But, he didn't do that. He wanted me to just pick another and start over, except he didn't have one listed. So, I bought it elsewhere.

Other deal was I bought an 066 switch control lever that was listed as new and a new one in the photo. He sent one that was bent worse than the one I had. Never responded to emails about it.

Twenty or thirty other parts from him have been fine.

If he sells 30,000 parts and has 99% feedback he can't be too bad.

Last edited:
All the more reason to use Paypal. It's a necessary evil on e-bay. Bryce is good people and has treated me very well. A number of vintage projects I've done would not have been possible without his help.

Yep- I was Bryce's second customer when he started selling parts back in '98 and I've spent around $10k with him since then. I've only had three small mistakes which he quickly rectified.

I have to agree with JJ on the PayPal and yes on the vintage parts, 056 Mag II OEM piston!!!

Cool!!!!

caleath,

A whole thread over a carb? Anything special about the carb? Just an 026 carb with three adjusters. New used?

If the guy doesn't respond soon, ask around in here. I am sure one of the members here has one they could send you.

If the guy does contact you and satisfactory resolution befalls the situation, please let us know.

Not sure what that matters if its just a carb. There are several that could fit. I did ask about someone here had one, no dice.

I would think I deserve an answer no matter what I was buying.

caleath,

Makes no difference what the part is.

well i dealt with him once, which resulted in me being banned from this forum for posting my story and his info. they said i was only banned for posting his personal email and name.... but i see people here using his name and even posting his personal phone number in the thread, so its pretty obvious the only reason i was banned was for relaying a bad deal i had with a long time friend (and member) of this site.

i might get banned again, but oh well... ill try to keep it short.. he tried some real funny stuff between pay pal and ebay and personal emails. he even conned me into sending back the part(after telling me i was lying and wrong 5 times then ignoring me for a month), promising a refund, and apologizing for the problems, then disappeared and never issued a refund like promised!
over a month later...i had to file paypal claim to even get him to even respond to my messages! he said i never sent him any thing in the mail , he never got any package from me, and if i sent him one more message on ebay he would file a complaint against ME, he said i was harassing him and to go away, lol!!!:dizzy:
guess he didnt realize i had shipping confirmation on the part that i returned to him, which he lied about and said he never got! OOPS!? lol.. thank god for shipping confirmation.
paypal claims take FOREVER, he tried a couple more tricks to get me to drop the paypal claim while it was pending. his story went from that he never got the package from me, and i was lying, to "ill send you back the parts if you drop the paypal claim, but im not refunding your money"
i knew what he was up to, but i played along anyway for fun, i told him, fine, i was tired of the whole thing, i didnt wana fight over it anymore, just send me back the junk part that i dont need, ill eat it, and ill cancel the paypal claim, and lets forget it ever happened. he agreed, apologized, acted nice, and said he would send the part back out to me AFTER i dropped the paypal claim! lol.. proving my point yet again, the story kept changing, first it was hell send the part back and then i will drop the paypal claim, then its i have to drop the claim first, before he does anything.
i informed him that i was born at night, but not last night, and that im not dropping a paypal claim when you have all my money already + the part in question. i said the paypal claim gets dropped the second the part is in my hands, he never sent anything.. and disappeared again. obviously he eventually lost the paypal claim and i was awarded my measly $26.

if anyone remembers the thread that got me banned ,youll remember numerous other members of this forum with very similar stories in my thread, only a few of them fell for it, dropped their paypal claims, and got flat out robbed by him , many guys didnt have paypal accounts and got robbed even easier. they sent parts back to him, like he asked , and then he never issued them refunds,(thats why you gota use paypal and get shipping confirmation) he got quite a few guys on here for several hundred dollars just by selling them junk parts or the wrong parts, saying to send back for refund, then keeping the parts and money, its amazing how many guys let it happen and never said anything, until i created my thread, theen many of them came forward and shared their stories.(the thread, andall posts were removed and deleted and i was banned though..)
most forums with trading posts and for sale sections, also have members feedback sections, for this reason, i wasnt aware of arborists sites rules, and got banned for sharing this info with fellow members via public thread.

obviously he has tons of happy customers here, but that doesnt make up for the many he has screwed over, and flat out robbed, accepting parts on return, then never issuing a refund.
anyone buying things online, you NEED paypal, and even better, use a credit card THROUGH paypal, thats what i do, and always put shipping confirmation on a package you send, especially if its going back for a refund, its too easy for these people to lie and say you never sent them #### back, keeping your money and taking the part back.

ps, please dont ban me again.

Last edited:
I never have been able to get a response from him either. I asked him a question about an 066 muffler for a good two months. Must have asked about 10 times. Never one response.

The way I see it, communication is what makes Ebay. That and customer service. If you can't answer questions then you need to hire someone who can. He seems to have alot of parts and some support on him from lots of guys so my opinion probably don't matter. But I for one will do business elsewhere. I don't care what anyone thinks about that.
And I'm sure you're breaking his heart. :)

Not many people run a successful ebay parts selling business. The fact that he is running one should make us pause before criticizing I think. :)

to call it successful, above just turning a profit, you shouldnt have pages of stories of guys who got flat out robbed for their money and never got anything in return, most of these slick games and trickery he tires (and sometimes gets away with) are only possible over the internet, thats obvious.
you cant run an actual physical business out of an actual building with 4 walls and a roof, have someone come in for a return, take back the merchandise from them and not give them anything in return, thats called robbery..its against the law.
games like that only work online when dealing with people who dont know any better or cant be bothered with trying to go after a guy on the side of the country for their money through the internet. they just walk away and accept it. my thread was proof of that, there were easily a dozen guys who got burned, and flat out robbed, he kept their money and their parts. and that was only guys that posted in the2-3 days the thread was up before it got deleted. so how many other guys didnt even get a chance to see it and sharie their stories..
if this guy had an actual physical store and place of business, where he did these same things to people, the place would be out of business or burned to the ground by now.. you cant sell people the wrong thing,argue for 3 weeks that they are lying, finally tell them to send it back, then keep their money and returned parts, this is not a successful business motto. it might put money in his pocket, but that is not successful.
every 100 good transactions to people of this forum he knows, does not cancel out the 5 bad that go with every good 100.
my guess is it will catch up to him one day.. unless it already has.

Last edited:
Frankly banshee, you don't sound very credible. Telling him you'd take back parts you didn't need and drop it? Come on now. I'd like to hear his side.

Quote Originally Posted by caleath, View Post
caleath,

Not sure what that matters if its just a carb. There are several that could fit. I did ask about someone here had one, no dice.

I would think I deserve an answer no matter what I was buying.

Yes, you do. But having said that, he has decided that you are not important enough to to send you an email.

I am a fixer...my wife will tell me a problem and in my head I am already trying to solve her problem instead of listening to her. I guess that's what I am trying to do here. I can't make this guy send you an email. All I can do is offer you the solution...find another seller and another part. I can obtain a rebuilt one from my local dealer and so could you, contact baileys for a replacement part, or offer several other places on eBay for new or used.

Another problem here is that he has stuck it to several paying customers as evidenced by testimonials in this thread. There are a greater majority of successful sales when compared to problems. But that really doesn't matter. Why would you want to still have a transaction with him now? If there is a problem with the part, or he never sends it, how will you resolve that situation.

It is very easy to never have negative feedback on eBay. The fact that he has multiple negative feedbacks, should tell you he has problems with resolving disputes.

You have every right to bash the guy if you were a paying customer, and have had a bad experience with him. Just seems unfair to constantly bash him over and over, especially when he is not here to defend himself. Even if he could.

Back