Does this guy hang out in here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Space, as I recall it was a set of 044 bucking spikes which Mr. Banshee ground down when they didn't fit his saw. THEN he wanted to send them back.....

Do you mean to tell me you HD guys wont take back a riding mower if it falls out of a guys truck on the way home from the store??? What's up with that?

I was talking about the guy's story saying he told the seller to resend the items to him and he would drop it--not the other way around.

Come on Saw DR., he sold a ####ty product and should have taken it back.

What I don't understand is why he wouldn't take care of the 1% that he has a problem with. I go above and beyond to keep my eBay customers happy. And, I'll be damned if I would screw somebody over $25.

The product may not have been correct. The issue I have is that he altered the product and then attempted to send it back. If it didn't fit in the first place, it didn't fit. If you make the decision to modify it, then you make the decision to keep it. If the auto parts store sells you an alternator for your camry and it does not fit, do you think they'll give you your money back if you sawzall off a mount tab trying to fit it?

I agree, he should have gotten a properly fitting part in the first place.

These threads really don't belong here, it boils down to he says vs. she says.

Members take sides, everone gets mad, the thread is closed, the wound festers....

Nothing is ever gained.

If this was the "High Court of Chainsaw Justice" and the plaintiffs agreed to
abide by the rulings of the "court" here, it would even turn into a bigger nightmare.

But since this is not a "court", then these threads need not be here.

E-bay has it's own way of keeping their members honest in that system, let it stay there. I refund etc. for all problems, as a seller I have no choice, unless I want
a neg. feedback.

Members take sides, everone gets mad, the thread is closed, the wound festers....

Nothing is ever gained.

abide by the rulings of the "court" here, it would even turn into a bigger nightmare.

E-bay has it's own way of keeping their members honest in that system, let it stay there. I refund etc. for all problems, as a seller I have no choice, unless I want
a neg. feedback.

Well said...

Bull crap. That philosophy doesn't work in the real world. 1% of the customers will not be happy NO MATTER WHAT you do. If you focus on them, you're not going to be in business very long.

So, complaining about losing $15 shipping cost sending back an 066 crankcase that was supposed to be an 044, and a dirty bent used 066 switch that was pictured and described as new makes me part of the inevitable 1%?

So, complaining about losing $15 shipping cost sending back an 066 crankcase that was supposed to be an 044, and a dirty bent used 066 switch that was pictured and described as new makes me part of the inevitable 1%?

Try reading what I said again.

Nothing is ever gained.

a neg. feedback.

Agreed 100%. Spacemule is also right to some extent, there will always be somebody who is unhappy. Unfortunately Banshee and a few others seem to have been screwed in some way by the guy, I hate to see that happen to anyone
but it's also easy to screw up. I am sure there aren't too many here who have not screwed up in some way at one time or another. If you have a large business based on internet transactions, it takes a lot of work to keep track of it all. I know my wife has been selling some saw parts on her own and it takes alot to keep it all straight on a smallscale. Not defending bad business practices but sometimes patience is needed before everyone gets pi##ed off at each other and bad feeling occur.

Just last night I emailed Bryce about a 064 case. He replied almost immediately. I responded with another question. I had the answer in just a few minutes. I purchased the part and it's already shipped today.

Good for Bryce...I still wont buy a thing from him....too busy for the small guy.

I would buy a new saw first.

I got the 031 P&C I got from him today...

$20 plus shipping and it looks like new...

I will buy again....

He may have a few issues, but he is a good guy.

yea, he has a lot of issues,

one time I caught him buying ladies undergarments on his ebay account

when I went over to tease him about it I met his new girlfreind :love1:

I think the guy's that have issues are the ones that dont have nuttin better to do
than put others down. :looser:

yea, he has a lot of issues,

one time I caught him buying ladies undergarments on his ebay account

when I went over to tease him about it I met his new girlfreind :love1:

I think the guy's that have issues are the ones that dont have nuttin better to do
than put others down. :looser:

He told me that the undergarments were for you, scary thing was you looked good in it...but couldnt get you to take the chainsaw chaps off.

Well, I have probably bought more items from him than most. And, the vast majority of the time you get excellent service.

But, if he ships you the wrong part you are screwed out of the cost to ship it back. He cancels the sale as item returned and you can't even make a claim against it for shipping. I tried. He does not ship the correct replacement item. Said he was but didn't. Mention it on this forum and he blocks you on eBay.He knows at this point that a neg here and there is not going to effect him. So, it just boils down to his character.

I was in business shipping with four guys in the warehouse before I sold out and retired. We shipped a couple hundred items a day UPS and had five or six truck lines picking up every day.

If we shipped something wrong, which we did sometimes, we paid the shipping back. We also shipped the correct material.

I can't imagine not doing that. It's poor business and it isn't right.

If you consider that whining, good for you.

But, seems people should be aware of it and now some are.

I now got the parts that i bought from him some time a go ,some of the parts i got was not the parts i shown on his pictures for sale that i placed the bid on,i havent got any answers from him yet.

I have ordered some misc mcculloch parts from him...No prob.....him and randy small engine are saw collectors/restorers assets.

Well, I have probably bought more items from him than most. And, the vast majority of the time you get excellent service.

But, if he ships you the wrong part you are screwed out of the cost to ship it back. He cancels the sale as item returned and you can't even make a claim against it for shipping. I tried. He does not ship the correct replacement item. Said he was but didn't. Mention it on this forum and he blocks you on eBay.He knows at this point that a neg here and there is not going to effect him. So, it just boils down to his character.

I was in business shipping with four guys in the warehouse before I sold out and retired. We shipped a couple hundred items a day UPS and had five or six truck lines picking up every day.

If we shipped something wrong, which we did sometimes, we paid the shipping back. We also shipped the correct material.

I can't imagine not doing that. It's poor business and it isn't right.

If you consider that whining, good for you.

But, seems people should be aware of it and now some are.

An excellent summary, rep sent.

Everybody makes mistakes, it's what one does to correct the mistakes that matters. I can understand him (cheapchainsawparts) not having the time to respond to every inquiry, but failing to correct mistakes that are clearly his mistakes is not a good business practice.

I worked in a warehouse that did a lot of shipping, and yes, we made mistakes. The owners would set aside times to specifically deal with problem orders, and they would do their best to make things right when the mistakes were on our end, even if it meant taking a loss by paying for both return shipping and shipping out the correct item(s).

Latest posts

Back