Does Your Saw have a wide Powerband ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny but I had a Honda 250R race quad when I was 11. I went to the Honda place to pick a 4-wheeler out and chose it because it was the coolest looking. I did'nt realize what I had and evidently Mom and pops did'nt either.:freaked-out:

I remember the first time I rode it how it flew out from under me. The parents almost took it from me but I talked them into letting me keep it. Before you know it, I was flyin on that sucker. A boy I went to school with and his older brother had a granny that lived at the end of my lane. They had these killer bicycles. Never let me ride them. When I got my new ATV they were heartbroken. Begged me to ride and I never let them one time. Used to smoke em on thier gay bikes.

Sorry to ramble, the point of my post was, a guy in school was asking if it had powerbands. Lol, we all thought they were a part in the motor back then.

I loved that 4-wheeler! I bet I flipped it 100 times. Lo, it eventually fell apart after 4-5 years.

If you liked a 250R with 4 wheels, you should try one with only three!

O MY. .:in-love:

OH YES!! Very quick little machines. Kinda tippy in the corners for me so i went for two wheels lol.

The whole saw power band has been pretty well explained in this thread so far I think.

SAFETY TIP: Be vewwy, vewwy caweful when installing powerbands. Those little rascals slip off and someone's gonna lose body parts!

Don't ask how I know...

Stubby

Best torque band saw for it's size a 365 Jonsered(2165), heaps nicer to run than the rasping common as muck husky 372's and droning industrial uninteresting 044 and 046. If the Jonny 2171 is any better then it better cut like an old 281 for the same weight. The annoying 372's peaky and buzzy after running the 65 cc type, gimme the smooth grunt of a 2165 anyday. The diagrams of curves mean Jack, it's the saw itself.

The powerband is affected by the hieght of the exhaust port, a high port might make a little more peak HP but will fall flat on it's face soon as you get below that perfect RPM, a lower port will make a bit less peak HP but will keep on cutting at lower RPM's. Steve

Best torque band saw for it's size a 365 Jonsered(2165), heaps nicer to run than the rasping common as muck husky 372's and droning industrial uninteresting 044 and 046. If the Jonny 2171 is any better then it better cut like an old 281 for the same weight. The annoying 372's peaky and buzzy after running the 65 cc type, gimme the smooth grunt of a 2165 anyday. The diagrams of curves mean Jack, it's the saw itself.

:silly::messed:

If you liked a 250R with 4 wheels, you should try one with only three!

O MY. .:in-love:

I have Stitches where a Man shouldn't have Stitches from a 250R 3 wheeler, it happened on the land where the Miami Dolphins stadium is now. Kinda Ill feeling to look down and think "I hope they can fix that" Luckily they Did :)

OH YES!! Very quick little machines. Kinda tippy in the corners for me so i went for two wheels lol.

The whole saw power band has been pretty well explained in this thread so far I think.

Haha, you just gotta know how to ride them. You pretty much put your butt on the side of the machine and put your head beside the gas tank and go wide open through the turns, your drifting. otherwise, yes they are alittle tippy. One of my first experiences on mine was just after I bought it, it needed brake work and make-up but it ran just fine! So I was going through the gears on my bosses road,(a winding country road with straights, but I got going so fast so quick that I almost couldn't make a turn. I thought I was going down in the creek with trike under me at 70mph:crying:. I didn't though, it gave me that stuck saw under the lean feeling though!

I have Stitches where a Man shouldn't have Stitches from a 250R 3 wheeler, it happened on the land where the Miami Dolphins stadium is now. Kinda Ill feeling to look down and think "I hope they can fix that" Luckily they Did :)

Well DAMN:excruciating:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back