Dolmar 421problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately this day and age 2 stroke tuning is becoming a lost skill. I have had good Mechanics but had to be shown how to tune a saw. That is also why it is a good idea to have the tools and learn. FYI most shops will tune on the rich side. 13000 is still a bit rich on the 421 usually
What would you set yours at 13200 or ????

Wow craziest story I have ever heard of....

Have you ever seen the old tire commercial were the old lady brings back the tire, and throws it threw the front window????!

Sine you have already wasted countless hours and dollars on this escapade, take the junk saw back with a piece of wood and show him it ain't right....unbelievable he is in business!!!!

Woodbutche56 one day ya should get somebody to spend some time and do a tune and test.
A GTG is a great place to learn. 10years ago I was in the same boat as you,,,been fun learning.
I always pack a screwdriver with me to adjust,, they always seem to change a little, and I dont want to fry a saw.
BTW good luck with your saw now!!!

All things considered this is a happier ending than I foresaw of this thread. Just had a bad feeling somehow this was going to end poorly for the OP. Glad to hear you got it tuned and happy with how it's running. And the dealer you bought it from deserves a little credit. While it sounds like he isn't all that good at servicing after the sale, at least he stuck it out and saw it through to the end. Many would have blamed the fuel, mix or otherwise slithered out of the warranty work.

The thing is I'm still not entirely convinced the issue has been corrected. The first leak test , he says showed no leak. The story about the hot vac test doesn't fly! The way rich tune . He said he hadn't turned in any warranty claim yet . He declined to take the saw in on trade saying " you better just keep it and make sure it's fixed. I'm not saying it's not fixed but I he jury is still out . I need to run a couple tanks of gas through it consecutively and see what happens . Thanks for the well wishes. I really do hope it is fixed!!!!!

Went to the woods today 3/4 through the second tank of gas idle issues returned. I topped off the tank to make sure low gas wasn't the problem still not idling properly. Not as extreme as last time but seems to be getting progressively worse.

I don't know how it is in the US ut have you ever considered contacting a lawyer?

I am anxious to see a video of this saw idling and running....I am curious to see how this "fixed" saw runs....

If you go back yet agian to the dealer see what he says if you demand a new saw....hard telling what you have spent in gas driving back and forth, let alone all the time you have wasted....could have been getting wood, or making money doing something else!!!!

Back