dolmar 6400 coil.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsk

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
anyone know of a place I can get a good price on a coil for a dolmar 6400. saw runs for 5 to 7 minutes or so give or take then no spark. Also is there any safe way to trade a saw on the trading post area. Thanks

jason

There's a used one on the "Bay" for $69

thanks doesn't seem to be a whole lot of options out there for them as of now.

There are no limitless coils available for the 6400/7900.

I have a couple of these saws and the coil limit is plenty high for practical woods use.

The race saws use a Husqvarna 272 type coil with the flywheel timing changed. I don't feel this 272 is a good choice for normal use.

I have two saws with the dark red coils. One is a 2006 and the other is a 2010

MY bad...the black coil is an older coil. There was an unlimited coil for the RS saws, but they were very hard to come by outside of the US.

What happened to Gregg? Is he still with Bailey's? I really wish they would follow up and have the AM unlimited coil produced. I believe he said they would have to buy at least 500 in the first run.

I have the black coil on my saw. The crazy thing looks new. Will the red coil work in place of a black coil. I don't really feel like replacing the flywheel if I don't have to. Dolmar replacement parts seem to be a little bit more pricey.
jason

All I can say is that there are two different flywheels

038 141 000 = black coil

957 141 000 = red coil

I have the black coil on my saw. The crazy thing looks new. Will the red coil work in place of a black coil. I don't really feel like replacing the flywheel if I don't have to. Dolmar replacement parts seem to be a little bit more pricey.
jason

Here's your answer...and Dolmar parts are cheaper than Stihl or Husky.

The RED Coil #038143041 need to be used with the newer style flywheel part #038141041

Also available as a Ignition Kit #010038140

Scott

Back