Dolmar gone and Makita stopping saw production?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esshup

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I was at the local dealer and he said that Makita is stopping gasoline saw production in the next 2 years? Dolmar is already gone it seems, it was absorbed by Makita.

I gotta get out more..........

They probably have quite a bit of inventory. I got a 6100 maybe 5 years ago and a 3601 about a year ago and both had build dates well over a year before the date I got mine.

What ones were you interested in getting? I got the 53cc back pack blower from Jacks perhaps a month ago. They have four stroke 25cc couple shaft powerheads that interchange with the battery ones, they have a four cycle demo saw. I even think they have a back pack blower in the 90cc range.

I have a 7900 and a 5100 that I brought in to have him replace all the anti-vibe mounts and to figure out why it was so hard to start, whether warm or cold. We were just talking in general about the saws when he mentioned that they wouldn't be producing more. He said he should spend some $$ and buy a good supply of whatever he could get to have them for the future when someone wanted one. The 5100 I bought used and was always hard to start, the 7900 starts with 3 pulls max, hot or cold. I have a 34cc Echo that starts really easily too.

Dolmar will stop producing gasoline saws I think it's by the end of 2022 and stock up. So they can sell untill 2025. By that time Makita will surprise us all with battery powered saws that are in the same power range as the 6100 and 7900.
This is what a sales person of Makita/Dolmar told me last month.
I think that Makita is setting their bar very high when I think about the power of my 6100 and 7900.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn CLT-L09 met Tapatalk

I'm outfitting my Ranch and cabin with off grid solar, and research is confirming battery storage is the only difficult part of solar. It doesn't take a large array to get the power, its the battery bank when you want to use it.

For this reason I'm thinking I will get a small battery chainsaw for my needs. I wanted the smallest saw I could get, my Echo top handle is just a bit heavy for all day in the woods building new disc golf courses, and well, its about the lightest around as it is...... SO why not try a new Battery saw, right?

(I am shocked at the ability of just a couple of panels, with the right storage, to run the appliances (load) all day and still charge the bank at the same time. Electricity is not my strongest suit, but I'm going to learn more, and I do have some good friends who are expert)

I have a greenworks 80v, 16 or 18 inch bar, and it's pretty impressive. The battery probably only gives 10 or 15 minutes of turning the chain, so I go with a charged backup. But if you're trying to do anything more than that, additional batteries can get pretty expensive, and they diminish over time for sure.

I generally prefer to carry my little domar 5105 and a can of mix gas.

I think when battery technology gets better, It may change the game some, but again I love internal combustion. The sound in itself is something of a pretty strong safety mechanism.

I have been on solar power for my lake residence since 1985 I also designed and taught 3 day solar courses for many years.Solar is way better than a candle or coleman lantern but it is not all its cracked up to be.If you have lots of sunny days it is favorable but in my location I produce more power in 3 days in July than the whole month of December.Your total life style has to change because you have to work when the solar is at peak or run the generator replacing batteries every 10 years is cost prohibitive.I love my solar power but it is not for families.
If you can get hydro do it it is the best bang for the buck in the civilized world.
Kash

and using 5kwh of coal to refine 1 gall of gas is not great either
Alot of the energy required to refine comes from the un marketable fractions of the crude itself. All the boilers, heaters, etc in a refinery are powered by fuel gas, which is a product that's a bit heavier than natural gas and has no market.

Latest posts

Back