dolmar ps-420

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bare spots

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
anyone know and/or can tell me if this saw is available yet (in the us). knows it's new and read somewhere that would be available in april but not sure where that was. thanks, much appreciated

Ba ha ha ha ha!

Dolmar... man, the 420 was going to be available in February, then March... oh, NOW ITS SUMMER?!?!?!?! Then in summer it will be, "Oh, it will not be available until WINTER!"

I give up on Dolmar. No dealers, new saws not available... no hope. Maybe I will look at the new small Redmax saws. Or get a Homelite at HD. Or something... but evidently I will never own a Dolmar chainsaw (and I will forget about being a dealer for them).

Last edited:
They would of been here by now BUT they had a issue with some fuel tanks so that slowed down the introduction a bit. I have heard that we will have them SOON. They are already in the distributors computer and I already have some tagged for our store. I have been told we will have them within the next 3 or 4 weeks??

Scott

OK, before I get too excited, I am confused. Some Dolmar dealers say no PS-420 until summer, others say 3-4 weeks??? :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

OK, before I get too excited, I am confused. Some Dolmar dealers say no PS-420 until summer, others say 3-4 weeks??? :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

The Cutting Edge & us have the same distributor, but different territory reps:ices_rofl: time will tell.

They would of been here by now BUT they had a issue with some fuel tanks so that slowed down the introduction a bit. I have heard that we will have them SOON. They are already in the distributors computer and I already have some tagged for our store. I have been told we will have them within the next 3 or 4 weeks??

Scott
alright, will go with this, much appreciated, bare spots

The KWF test report on the 420 is out now - at 4.7kg and 2.0kW it doesn't even match the (non-Super) 024/MS240 for power to weight.

It is not a true replacement for the 401 etc, and not comparable to the MS200 or 339xp, as it is a lot heavier.

Personally, I will try to forget that it exist - it sort of falls between all the chairs..........

They need to put out a 4200S - with at least a pound less weight......

Last edited:
The KWF test report on the 420 is out now - at 4.7kg and 2.0kW it doesn't even match the (non-Super) 024/MS240 for power to weight.

It is not a true replacement fot the 401 etc, and not comparable to the MS200 or 339xp, as it is a lot heavier.

Personally, I will try to forget that it exist..........

ended up going with the ps401, just got yesterday, i was holding out for the other and didn't know until night before that this be the one. hope was good move, think is less power and lighter, not sure, but made call made and found good dealer who had one. went and took look at, pretty much bought on the spot, so far like it. so now to find time to try and educate myself on this (first saw), need to (trying) to get good chain setup, will be putting to the test in next few days, small brush, stumps if needed and whatnot. anyway do thanks for the help, have good one.

But you will surely miss.........

Spring assistance to break the compression resistor
and the
Touch&Stop, one lever service
of the 420

Last edited:
Ba ha ha ha ha!

Dolmar... man, the 420 was going to be available in February, then March... oh, NOW ITS SUMMER?!?!?!?! Then in summer it will be, "Oh, it will not be available until WINTER!"

I give up on Dolmar. No dealers, new saws not available... no hope. /QUOTE]

And that's different from the debut of the 441 how?

Spring assistance to break the compression resistor
and the
Touch&Stop, one lever service
of the 420
ooouch, but was thinking might not miss having not used. that is until i logged few hrs on it. btw, got tech. question about the mix on the saw i got (401) and hope i don't sound to new to these but what's up with the mix? manual says that when use mix other than dolmar to go at 40 to 1. i run all my other quipment on a syn. 50 to 1 mix (other than saw), wondering now if saws are different or did am i reading this wrong and/or why the difference?

ooouch, but was thinking might not miss having not used. that is until i logged few hrs on it. btw, got tech. question about the mix on the saw i got (401) and hope i don't sound to new to these but what's up with the mix? manual says that when use mix other than dolmar to go at 40 to 1. i run all my other quipment on a syn. 50 to 1 mix (other than saw), wondering now if saws are different or did am i reading this wrong and/or why the difference?

Just a safety precaution. Run any high quality oil at 50:1. But do not use synthetic until after it's broken in.

Back