Dolmars/ Pro saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the 6400 is the number one easiest to hot rod saw out there. For $100 you can go from 64cc to 84cc and make your saw the fastest out there for its weight.

I have run a 6400 and it runs like my 7900 with a dull chain.... lol. If I owned a 6400 it would get a BB kit immediately....

No argument there, so would I. Matter of fact I have thought about it.

I have built modded saws for hundreds of fallers over the years. The Dolmar 7900 is a rocket. The dogs are terrible, the air filter system needs work, but the saw is good. With a few mods that I am dialing in, it will blow a Husq 390 away. Even a 660. (and I love Stihl saws). Give me about two months to perfect it. Cheers, Simon.

I have built modded saws for hundreds of fallers over the years. The Dolmar 7900 is a rocket. The dogs are terrible, the air filter system needs work, but the saw is good. With a few mods that I am dialing in, it will blow a Husq 390 away. Even a 660. (and I love Stihl saws). Give me about two months to perfect it. Cheers, Simon.

And as Andy can attest there is also a thread on AS from Brad of a 7901 blowing a 390XP and a MS660 away :) I own all of them and getting a 7900 to leave a stock 390XP and MS660 behind isn't that hard. The HD filters are also awesome and no matter what dust you throw at it they won't let it through. Unlike the 390XP HD and 660 HD filters I have...
Mod the 390's and 660's though and it's all over. Mine are modded too.

Latest posts

Back