Don't buy this ( Tachometer )

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregz

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I bought this Tachometer TT-20K couple years ago. Only been used maybe a dozen times,never dropped, carried from the house to the back yard. I went to use today and and only half of the LED read out shows up. I ran to the store and put in a new battery same problem.
I pretty sure I bought it from a site sponsor with forum recomendations and paid ALOT $80 bucks ,or close to it. You would think something like this would last more then two years with limited use
So if your looking for a tach,in my opinion don't buy one like this
Cheers
gregz

stuff221.jpg

Last edited:
Contact the mfg, see if they'll stand behind it. I've seen post in the past that have referenced the mfg taking care of others issues in a excellent way.
You never know until you try.

At least he didn't go off and do a 20 page rant about how the tach company screwed him, and the sponser that sells them screwed him........

He only gave us his experience and his opinion, maybe they are all junk. Hopefully someone will tell us different, I been looking at tachs.:givebeer:

I've had good luck with my little orange one from bailey's.

I agree that he did'nt go on a long rant just told his side of it.

At least he didn't go off and do a 20 page rant about how the tach company screwed him, and the sponser that sells them screwed him........

He only gave us his experience and his opinion, maybe they are all junk. Hopefully someone will tell us different, I been looking at tachs.:givebeer:

Exactly, I want to know stuff like this.

i've had that happen in other displays, (last was a multimeter) and carefully opened teh back and found the screen wasn't in teh rubber mounts properly, i adjusted it, and it was good as new.... just something to try, if its out of warranty...
good luck

i've had that happen in other displays, (last was a multimeter) and carefully opened teh back and found the screen wasn't in teh rubber mounts properly, i adjusted it, and it was good as new.... just something to try, if its out of warranty...
good luck

thats sort of screen failure does look like a bad connection of the cable... some of the current meters have a friction/pressure it with the case and no cable for feed....

I have the same tach that I bought from Edge and Engine. It is 1.5 old and works great. I haven't had any issues with it.

I would recommend this tach to anyone.

There are lot of threads about tachs and this is just my opinion on this tachometer. If it was 5 years old and bounced around in my glove box and quit working thats another story. You spend 75-80 bucks plus another 10 on shippng use 10-12 times and it takes a ****. I emailed the manufacturer and I will report back if there going to back up there item.
Cheers
gregz

There are lot of threads about tachs and this is just my opinion on this tachometer. If it was 5 years old and bounced around in my glove box and quit working thats another story. You spend 75-80 bucks plus another 10 on shippng use 10-12 times and it takes a ****. I emailed the manufacturer and I will report back if there going to back up there item.
Cheers
gregz
Hey Gregz, I have one and its as old as dirt, and still works fine. In the past, I have called the company that makes them and their service seems to be very good, I would definitely give that a try. They have a tech support person there as well.
http://www.tinytach.com/design/handheld.php
Their phone is: (630) 920-1300.

I sent them an email earlier today. Maybe Monday i will get a reply and hopefully a new tach. Then i will post on how great there tach is!!
:cheers:

Mine is still working well

I've had the same tach for over 2 years and have not treated it very well. Left it in the woodpile overnight, it got rained on and its still working.

I must say my TT 20K is 4 years old and is used a lot, it has gone through 3 batteries and still works as new. It sees a lot of time in my bib pocket , some on the bench and the rest in the roller cabinet. It has not been dropped or crushed but seen lots of service.
Pioneerguy600

I've had $300-$500 Fluke meters crap out just sitting in office. Always the display. What I have learned is the dust gets in them and does something to the connection from board to the LCD itself. See if it is direct soldered or plug. If plug in style, pull apart, blow off, use alcohol and clean, put back together and cross fingers. I have not had to get a meter repaired in years!!!

Bruce

Back